Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water gushing in under the glove box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Consider yourself lucky!!! I’m a 4 month owner of a 2023 M3 and about 3 week’s ago, been through several car washes within the 4 month’s of owning and not 1 drop of water! Again, 3 weeks ago, I go to car wash and water is leaking on my wife’s foot(she just got done with Chemotherapy too😐), coming from under glove box panel. Took a week to get it serviced, they replaced windshield, saying “manufacturer defect”. Waited OVER the 48hrs they told me to wait before car wash(touchless car wash and yes I always put it in car wash mode)started leaking in same spot!? It was serviced 10/17/23 and took it for car wash on 10/20/23(Friday of course🙄). I immediately called Tesla and not only did they delete the pic’s I sent, video, but my message too, where you write to the service in app.(the 1st leak, you can still see the pic’s, video and messages)??? Plus, later that night app updated to next step with quote and they want to charge me $200plus tax for labor and out of nowhere to check tire leak? I never said a word about my tires(18” 42psi, so no problem there?)I haven’t been able to speak to someone yet. Anyway, it’s Monday, technically right now and at 7am, you can bet I’ll be at Tesla, besides they also forgot to put a clip back on in frunk? I really hope it’s the “hepa” compartment problem(but you’d think that’d be the 1st thing they’d check??? Idk…but being a 4 month owner, I’m not paying a dime(Warranty), and if they can’t get water to stop coming inside my car, definitely a “Lemon law” clause! No car, especially brand new, should be leaking in the interior of one’s car! I just hope everything gets taken care of peacefully, cause I really do enjoy my M3! Plus, I’ve noticed “unable to charge” codes popping up? It’s charging, but if water is getting into wiring, with attached garage, I don’t even want to say anymore…….🤨 I’ve attached some pic’s/video’s/codes for y’all to see! Remember, this is only happening during car washes right now, but I live in Wisconsin and this is the time of year where we start getting a lot of snow/water!!! I’d LOVE to hear any feedback, or anything y’all might think. I’ll also update y’all very soon! Gonna try to attach files right now! Thanks for the comments you guy’s have put out there already!(well, let me put pics up, but not video, but there ya have it)Remember this is AFTER they put new windshield in.SSL✌️

Please delete all these duplicate pictures.

Our 2021 performance Y did this. They needed to butyl seal the housing for the large hepa filter in the frunk.
I went to Tesla 5min before they opened this morning and brought that up, among other things. They’re taking my car on Friday and told me they’ll make sure I have a loaner to drive until they absolutely figure out how water is getting in! No $200 charge either, they said it was a mistake on their end within app(thankfully)! Thanks for the response, it very appreciated!

Please delete all these duplicate pictures.
Nate…I’ve literally tried everything I could to delete those duplicate’s!??? Even thought about signing out, but worried they’d still remain there(which probably would). Unless you know how, please let me know and I’ll do it immediately! If there’s a way for you to delete my comment in your post…delete all of it!!! Again, sorry!!! Hope to hear back from you to fix this stupidity on my part!

hope other car manufacturers will start building EVs. I don’t want to buy another tesla So many threads with issues.
It’s already started(other manufacturer’s building EV’s)GM, Mercedes, BMW, pretty much all manufacturer’s! They know it’s the future and have to keep up with the present(simple math, they’re losing money)people don’t want to pay for expensive gas/fossil fuels! All you have to is look it up online and you’ll see for yourself! Although you see these problem’s on these thread’s don’t let it scare you. I’m going through a problem, and this is just one place I came to see and or get info. as do other’s! Thankfully, Tesla thus far, is taking care of me, being under warranty I firmly believe my problem will be solved/fixed without having to pay a penny! Remember, there’s hundred’s of thousand’s of Tesla owner’s and you’re seeing a small percentage of owner’s with problem’s(that are normally fixed, even if they don’t throw it on the thread’s or they modified their vehicle and their warranty was voided, which happens probably more than you or I know). In “my” opinion, Tesla is still among the best EV’s made among all other make’s! Tesla’s are far more superior than any other make’s “at the moment”, it won’t be long(it’s already happening)where other make’s are on Tesla’s tail. Like BMW or Mercedes, but at least Tesla’s are affordable to the average consumer, unlike BMW and or Mercedes(they do make nice EV’s…$$$$$). I’m sure some people that read this, will bash some of the thing’s I’m telling you!? All I’m trying to get at is yes, be vigilant, but don’t let these threads deter you! Tesla is still a young company in retrospect, but have made leaps and bounds when it comes to the EV world, amongst any other make’s! They actually do listen to their consumer’s when better idea’s or problem’s do arise and will only get better(see if Mercedes or down to a ford EV listen and care what you think…not gonna happen, lol! Ultimately your choice, but Tesla’s are awesome/fun vehicle’s! Also, just want to say, it’s kind of a weird time for Tesla, cause of the cyber truck, the M3 highlander, Juniper, etc…coming out in North America in this next year(basically revamped and like I said, to stay ahead of competition/give the consumer’s what they have wanted, by listening and of course EV technology getting better). I could say so much more, SSL! I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor’s when ready to buy an EV!✌️

It’s already started(other manufacturer’s building EV’s)GM, Mercedes, BMW, pretty much all manufacturer’s! They know it’s the future and have to keep up with the present(simple math, they’re losing money)people don’t want to pay for expensive gas/fossil fuels! All you have to is look it up online and you’ll see for yourself! Although you see these problem’s on these thread’s don’t let it scare you. I’m going through a problem, and this is just one place I came to see and or get info. as do other’s! Thankfully, Tesla thus far, is taking care of me, being under warranty I firmly believe my problem will be solved/fixed without having to pay a penny! Remember, there’s hundred’s of thousand’s of Tesla owner’s and you’re seeing a small percentage of owner’s with problem’s(that are normally fixed, even if they don’t throw it on the thread’s or they modified their vehicle and their warranty was voided, which happens probably more than you or I know). In “my” opinion, Tesla is still among the best EV’s made among all other make’s! Tesla’s are far more superior than any other make’s “at the moment”, it won’t be long(it’s already happening)where other make’s are on Tesla’s tail. Like BMW or Mercedes, but at least Tesla’s are affordable to the average consumer, unlike BMW and or Mercedes(they do make nice EV’s…$$$$$). I’m sure some people that read this, will bash some of the thing’s I’m telling you!? All I’m trying to get at is yes, be vigilant, but don’t let these threads deter you! Tesla is still a young company in retrospect, but have made leaps and bounds when it comes to the EV world, amongst any other make’s! They actually do listen to their consumer’s when better idea’s or problem’s do arise and will only get better(see if Mercedes or down to a ford EV listen and care what you think…not gonna happen, lol! Ultimately your choice, but Tesla’s are awesome/fun vehicle’s! Also, just want to say, it’s kind of a weird time for Tesla, cause of the cyber truck, the M3 highlander, Juniper, etc…coming out in North America in this next year(basically revamped and like I said, to stay ahead of competition/give the consumer’s what they have wanted, by listening and of course EV technology getting better). I could say so much more, SSL! I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor’s when ready to buy an EV!✌️
Might not buy another EV. Currently own a model y and I pre ordered the CT back in 2021, based on the estimated price of $56k for dual motor.

The ev bmw suv is equivalent to the model X. So not too affordable for many. I don’t think bmw and Mercedes market is for most like Toyota and Honda. Tesla my and m3 is quality of a ev RAV4 limited or Accord EV. Even the bmw 3 series comes with leather and good trim.

EV prices are about to go crazy. Most EV SUVs will start at 55k for most manufacturers and probably top out at $70k for a SUV size of explorer, telluride, palisade, highlander. And before people start saying model y is a suv…. No it’s not. My neighbors exploder is so much roomer.

Rather pay 55k for a non electric rather than the same vehicle that is ev at 70k. Even if gas is $4 a gallon, it’ll be years before I ll make up tye 15k. Then you have to pay for electricity.

Not knocking anyone for it. Probably going to get tye ct as long as the pre order price is promised and I can stay under $60k. But other than that, it ll be a hybrid, plug in hybrid or gas.

Not really from what I've been reading. Maybe if the war in the Middle East expands and gas prices shoot up much higher but other than that, EV makers are in a price war due to Tesla. Ford and GM are lowering output.
Most ev vehicles that are family size vehicles cost way more than gas powered cars that are the same. Example. F150 lighting vs f150 gas. Jeep wrangler 4xe, yes you can get a tesla for $50-55k for their entry models (y and 3), but many people don’t buy 50k cars across the country.

Most ev vehicles that are family size vehicles cost way more than gas powered cars that are the same. Example. F150 lighting vs f150 gas. Jeep wrangler 4xe, yes you can get a tesla for $50-55k for their entry models (y and 3), but many people don’t buy 50k cars across the country.
I don't dispute that at all, just your statement that the "prices are about to go crazy." As if they're about to shoot up. They've been coming down, actually. Yeah, I looked at the Lightning, sat in it but didn't drive it. That was back in the summer. Just way too expensive. I'm glad people are balking cause the prices they were at last year was just too ambitious. I wanted a Tesla for years but kept driving my old truck till the big price drop in Jan.

I don't dispute that at all, just your statement that the "prices are about to go crazy." As if they're about to shoot up. They've been coming down, actually. Yeah, I looked at the Lightning, sat in it but didn't drive it. That was back in the summer. Just way too expensive. I'm glad people are balking cause the prices they were at last year was just too ambitious. I wanted a Tesla for years but kept driving my old truck till the big price drop in Jan.
car prices are still crazy and doubt it ll ever go down. Wait until the ram and Chevy full sizes truck EVs come out. 75-100k easy. I saw a review on an ev Kia suv that look like a telluride. It is estimated to top out at 70k. Insane. It’ll like paying 15 k more for a telluride because it’s electric. I bet most will choose a telluride with 15k worth of free gas. And that’s not including the charges.

The current price drop from covid prices makes it look like a price drop, but it’s actually just a steady increase in price of pre covid prices. Just that supply shortage spike made it crazy. And with the stupid interest rates… car manufacturers and their finance department have the best of the best working to squeeze every dime out tge consumers. And as consumers, we want what we want. I have couple friends who bought their teslas and put down less than 25% of the car. Basically financed 40k on a 50k car and financed 70k on a 90k car…. Just nuts. Drop the car price and make money off of finance and service. It’s always been the car dealers motto.