Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water/dirt in the door jam. Is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my 3 for about a week now, and I've noticed that a couple of the doors have dirty water in the door jam from what I can only imagine is an imperfect seal on the door. I initially discovered this after a light rain.

IMG_20191122_164045.jpg

I haven't noticed any water getting into the cab, but I've never experienced this in any car before and am curious if others have seen this in their 3's.

+1, and your carpet is filthy too... must have been quite a storm. :D

Ah carpet just looks like some dried leaves to me. As for the dirt at the bottom of the door probably just a dirty car that got rained on. Mine looked kind of like that the first day it rained here a week or so ago. My car looked liked it had been washed on the outside, pretty nice and clean (ceramic pro is great), and then when I opened the door saw all the dirt on the bottom edge like in the photo. I didn't want to get my jeans pant leg dirty brushing against it so luckily had some paper napkins in my center console to wipe down all the dirt.

I am going to add a lint free towel to my car so when I'm at a drive thru when it's raining I can sop up all the rain that gets onto the inside of the car door area when the window is rolled down some. At least that's clean water. ;)

Last edited: