Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watch the Tesla Model 3 Take On an Autocross Course

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curently NOC per the current 2018 classes. Probably will be F-stock but I think it's a little unfair to the TM3 LR being in the same class as the TMS P100D.

Nice video, I was a little concerned that the dynamic controls would hold it back its potential terribly but it didn't look/sound too bad. Looks like there's some potential there. Looking forward to seeing what result wide R-comps will yield.

• Helpful
Reactions: DR61
Curently NOC per the current 2018 classes. Probably will be F-stock but I think it's a little unfair to the TM3 LR being in the same class as the TMS P100D.
Just my 2 cents before taxes:

The Model S is not exactly an Solo2 weapon. From the times I've observed, it belongs in FS (yeah, I like the name F-Stock better, but IIRC, technically they call it F-Street now?).

If anything I think the Model 3 will have an advantage over the MS due to width and weight. It appeared to do well in the slalom, and the understeer can be reduced with tuning. Understeer in small doses seems to have less effect on times than excessive oversteer. Well, except for destroying your tires.

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
Admittedly, I've never seen a Model S at the autoX's and practice days I've attended, but I am familiar with F-Street (F Stock,... heh, I date myself) cars and they're fairly fast company. It would be awesome if a TM3 LR with the right tires (bars and dampers TBD) could hold its own against a BMW M3 in the same stock class.

Reactions: Blue in NC