Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was my Blue LR AWD the runt of the litter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the VIN on my deep blue metallic LR AWD today. I notice from the spreadsheets that there were a slug of blue AWDs with VINs that were close together. I assume they were manufactured during the same run. The other numbers in that range were all delivered Dec. 20 or 21 (I ordered on Dec. 19). I still won't take delivery for another week or two. Why would my car have sat in Fremont so much longer than its siblings? Does it indicate a problem? Or is that overthinking it?

Just got the VIN on my deep blue metallic LR AWD today. I notice from the spreadsheets that there were a slug of blue AWDs with VINs that were close together. I assume they were manufactured during the same run. The other numbers in that range were all delivered Dec. 20 or 21 (I ordered on Dec. 19). I still won't take delivery for another week or two. Why would my car have sat in Fremont so much longer than its siblings? Does it indicate a problem? Or is that overthinking it?

Minor overthinking. Nothing to keep you from going over the car with a fine tooth comb. Might also be logistics.

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy that new Tesla.

Or maybe it takes a few weeks to go through transportation to MN???

Likely delayed due to transport to MN. I suspect Tesla books so much rail car space at a time to batch cars going east (maybe there's a discount that way?) and then as someone said will have to arrange for a carrier to get it from the railyard to the delivery location.