Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thx again. So are you picking up today or on 6/19? Just curious if I need to take the same route and message the 508 number to request an earlier pick up if possible.
Picking up this afternoon. That's what they offered to me when I asked for the 19th or 14th - honestly would have preferred to pick it up on the 19th when I get back from my vacation, but it will be waiting for me in the garage when I return.

MYLR
Red
7 Seat Black Interior
20" Induction
OD: May 30
ODD: May - June
EDD1: June 2- June 16
EDD2: June 13 - June 27 (today)

VIN: TBD

Is anyone else getting changes in their EDD? How much stock should I put into that estimate?

I’m debating on if I actually want the 7th row, and if I should snag one of the inventory cars that pop up.
EDD changed today to June 14-27. It did this last time I was in my EDD window. It would update each day for a few days before the whole EDD was pushed back. I am anticipating the same again. Frustrating. I just want an accurate EDD.

EDD changed today to June 14-27. It did this last time I was in my EDD window. It would update each day for a few days before the whole EDD was pushed back. I am anticipating the same again. Frustrating. I just want an accurate EDD.
Mine was June 12 - 26, and since the 12th it's just been pushing back a day (14 - 26 now). However the 26th has remained the same so at least the window is getting smaller.

Mine was June 12 - 26, and since the 12th it's just been pushing back a day (14 - 26 now). However the 26th has remained the same so at least the window is getting smaller.
Same thing for my last EDD. After about 3 or 4 days it got pushed back by a couple of weeks. I’m hoping it doesn’t happen again, but I’m assuming it will unfortunately. I’ve seen many other people’s do the same in this forum.

Thanks for this. I was concerned. I probably won't pick up until July.

Did they allow you to open the car and look inside before acceptance?

Thanks.
To be honest I never tried. I was busy looking at panel gaps and finish and sort of forgot about the inside. The guy giving the orientation did mention that every car had been gone over three times for quality control. (could just be a blanket statement). He did say you have 7 days or 100 miles to report anything and it would be considered pre-delivery.
In my head I thought something would have to be pretty substantial for me to not take delivery. I had a trade in. Which you essentially surrender prior to seeing your Tesla. So there is no going back from there. They make it clear in the disclosures, once trade is signed over you can't reverse it. Leap of Faith.

Thanks! So I uploaded my proof of insurance in the app, but the “Schedule delivery” section just says ”Check back later”. So how long does that take to light up?
The scheduling of delivery varies. I got my VIN on 6/7 and wasn't able to schedule until 6/13. In fact, I never got to manually schedule; everything was coordinated via text with SA. Others on this forum were able to schedule right after/few days after getting VINs.

To be honest I never tried. I was busy looking at panel gaps and finish and sort of forgot about the inside. The guy giving the orientation did mention that every car had been gone over three times for quality control. (could just be a blanket statement). He did say you have 7 days or 100 miles to report anything and it would be considered pre-delivery.
In my head I thought something would have to be pretty substantial for me to not take delivery. I had a trade in. Which you essentially surrender prior to seeing your Tesla. So there is no going back from there. They make it clear in the disclosures, once trade is signed over you can't reverse it. Leap of Faith.
Thanks. The trade-in procedure is not ideal. I want to trade, simple because it would make the whole process of delivery easier, drive over in my vehicle and drop it off when I pick up Tesla. I'm going to have to think long and hard about it though.

It seems like 7 days and 100 miles is adequate. However, I'll have well over 100 miles on mine before I even return home from delivery. I live north of Beaumont, about a 2 1/2 hour drive.

I got the MVPA after VIN was assigned and was able to send it to the credit union right away.
What the?! Well Tesla really needs to standardize their processes, because that's not what is happening on my end. Mine just says "Check back later to schedule delivery date." Then I text the generic 508 SA number, and they tell me I still have pre-delivery tasks remaining - which I do not. *pfffft*

My order details below for delivery to Charlotte, NC (live in SC)...
  • Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
OD: May 28. 2023
EDD1: June-July 2023
EDD2: (updated 6/5/23): June 18 - June 30
EDD3: TBD
EDD4: TBD
VIN: TBD

No updates for a while but hoping that I get an update in the next few days since my auto loan rate lock expires on June 26th!