Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Tesla! Here are some pictures of HW4

IMG_7322.jpeg

IMG_7323.jpeg

IMG_7324.jpeg

My order date was May 14, Location Virginia, just got a VIN and updated delivery date of June 13-20. Blue, 7 seater, 19 inch, MYLR, black interior.
Question is : the app says you need the car insurance and payment done before delivery, does it mean you pay the full amount (assuming you are paying it and not the bank) right away or wait till the day of the delivery and inspection before you pay? I have never paid in full for a car weeks before I take delivery so this would be new. Any answers would be appreciated.

My order date was May 14, Location Virginia, just got a VIN and updated delivery date of June 13-20. Blue, 7 seater, 19 inch, MYLR, black interior.
Question is : the app says you need the car insurance and payment done before delivery, does it mean you pay the full amount (assuming you are paying it and not the bank) right away or wait till the day of the delivery and inspection before you pay? I have never paid in full for a car weeks before I take delivery so this would be new. Any answers would be appreciated.
No , you can setup everything in the app and pay after you accept the car day of delivery. Or you can bring a cashiers check.

MYLR
Blue
19 inch
5 Seat Black Interior
OD May 18
ODD: June/July
no other update as of yet
Oregon, Portland area

Is there an issue with the blue ones? I am seeing white MYs move much faster.
Or is it the blue / black combination?

No , you can setup everything in the app and pay after you accept the car day of delivery. Or you can bring a cashiers check.
thanks for your reply. It says "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery"
When I log into the Tesla account. So not paying now will still allow me to setup a delivery date and then pay when I take delivery correct? The other question - I tried searching threads on this but was not sure - when I try to add the car to my current insurance it asks for day you own the car and how long you owned it - the minimum is <30 days so there is no option to select something like "I am buying this car and still dont own it'. Should I just select a day in the 1 week delivery window or wait till the last moment to add the insurance. Will not uploading the insurance affect the delivery date?

thanks for your reply. It says "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery"
When I log into the Tesla account. So not paying now will still allow me to setup a delivery date and then pay when I take delivery correct? The other question - I tried searching threads on this but was not sure - when I try to add the car to my current insurance it asks for day you own the car and how long you owned it - the minimum is <30 days so there is no option to select something like "I am buying this car and still dont own it'. Should I just select a day in the 1 week delivery window or wait till the last moment to add the insurance. Will not uploading the insurance affect the delivery date?
I was able to just show that I had current insurance on my car I was trading. Most insurance companies automatically cover a new car for like 3 days as long as you call them ASAP.

For all of you that have ordered a MYLR and are wondering why you are still waiting, the long range wait takes MUCH longer than a performance model. Just look at how many of us who ordered in April and even March still don’t have a VIN, let alone a delivery schedule.

When I started my wait, someone said they give build priority to the more expensive models, to show stockholders more immediate profit. He was right, as best I can tell.
Although I too have heard rumor such as this, I tend to disagree even if only on the merit of waitingforTesla.com and seeing daily just how many 89-LRAWD + count move through that site daily as compared to 71-MYAWD & 8-PAWD.
Based on just May alone, on average I’m lucky to see 2-4 PAWD listed as inventory anywhere & on Tesla site 0. It’s more that the Model Y is so in demand that they are making most of what people are up front purchasing, which is the LRAWD, then progressing to the lesser purchased MYAWD & Performance.

Reactions: ExplorerII
Thanks! I'm super excited, but my only concern is whether I'll be receiving HW4 or not :confused:. I'm following this thread to see what others are receiving and trying to determine my odds
According to "sources" every new Model Y out of Fremont is getting HW4.. so it seems it should be a lock in.. someone above posted a reddit or twitter link to someone with more info on it.. could have also been the April waiting room.. but regardless.. seems to hold some merit..