Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to see folks are starting to get VIN's for the May orders now. I stopped at a Tesla store last night and talked with the guy I ordered from and told him my EDD is now May 21-June 4 and he told to roughly expect a VIN on Tues/Wed this coming week. He said "Generally once you get that date range it means your car is scheduled to be built and it's usually right around 5 days before that range starts". So assuming he's correct I should hear something maybe Tuesday. And no I asked right away if he could see the schedule lol.

He did say "generally", so I assume there's exceptions, but hopefully means I can check the app less for the next few days lol.
This hasn't been my experience. 😟 Today is the first date of my date range (13-27 May), and no VIN yet. The more I read, the more I am baffled by this "efficient system".

EDD: May 11-19
VIN: Assigned 5-10 !!
5-11, Received email to schedule my delivery for 5/13 - 5/15 !

And here I was lollygagging along after receiving my VIN. Now Im in a rush to get my loan squared away because they only gave me a 3 day window to pickup.
Picked up on 5/13

Good:
only 2 tiny misalignments by the front fender tips. Not bad
scratch on the RR inside plastic quarter panel - not worth having them replace it as it may cause more looseness/rattling in the trunk panels

Bad:
Multiple "BMS_a036, service required, vehicle may not restart" error popups while driving home. It comes on for about a sec then goes away. I made a service appt in the app, but that's 2 weeks away. From my research online, I probably should not ignore it and should bring it in asap. After calling the service center multiple times and finally got a hole of someone, the guy looked up the error and said I should bring it in asap and that they'll probably give me a loaner.
Sigh. At least they're taking care of it.

Picked up on 5/13

Good:
only 2 tiny misalignments by the front fender tips. Not bad
scratch on the RR inside plastic quarter panel - not worth having them replace it as it may cause more looseness/rattling in the trunk panels

Bad:
Multiple "BMS_a036, service required, vehicle may not restart" error popups while driving home. It comes on for about a sec then goes away. I made a service appt in the app, but that's 2 weeks away. From my research online, I probably should not ignore it and should bring it in asap. After calling the service center multiple times and finally got a hole of someone, the guy looked up the error and said I should bring it in asap and that they'll probably give me a loaner.
Sigh. At least they're taking care of it.
Thank you for the update. Glad you got the car but sorry there were some hiccups. Hope all gets sorted out quickly.

No updates yet (today is the first day of my provided EDD window).

A question though:
Has anyone ever received a VIN on a weekend or do they only give them out M-F?

I have completed all pre-delivery steps I can (no trade-in, approved financing, final payment) hoping it would accelerate the process but don't have a SA to consult so... I turn to this forum as a form of therapy to normalize my app-checking neurotic behavior of late.
If I ever get a VIN, I'm afraid this will be my reaction:
The app officially says 14-27 today. So I guess I am at:
EDD1: 14-27

Reactions: Chewy13
I'm not a lawyer, but reading the text of the signed bill, it appears to specifically say that vehicles purchased before July 1st 2023 quality for $2k and after $5k until Jan 2025 when it starts to go back down. The final bill appears to have changed it from being tax year 2023 to specific dates.

(4) The amount of the credit allowed pursuant to this section is calculated as follows: (a) Category 1. (V) With respect to the-tmyearreommeneing THE PURCHASE OR LEASE OF A CATEGORY 1 VEHICLE SOLD OR LEASED on or after January 1, 2023, but prior to anttarr 172026; JULY 1, 2023, two thousand dollars for a purchase or one thousand five hundred dollars for a lease; (VI) EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN SUBSECTION (4)(a)(XI) OF THIS SECTION, WITH RESPECT TO THE PURCHASE OR LEASE OF A CATEGORY 1 VEHICLE SOLD OR LEASED ON OR AFTER JULY 1, 2023, BUT BEFORE PAGE 8-HOUSE BILL 23-1272 JANUARY 1, 2025, FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR A PURCHASE OR A LEASE;

I have a trade to consider, but with trade offers only being good for 30 days, I will wait until the car is due to arrive before requesting an offer. Once I get the Tesla offer I'll get offers from carmax, carvana and the local dealer of that make car. However, if the car arrives and the trade offer is not completed, what happens?

I'm not a lawyer, but reading the text of the signed bill, it appears to specifically say that vehicles purchased before July 1st 2023 quality for $2k and after $5k until Jan 2025 when it starts to go back down. The final bill appears to have changed it from being tax year 2023 to specific dates.

Yea I think thats probably accurate. Oh well I was planning on buying the car regardless of the state rebate, which I found out about after I ordered. I can certainly see alot of orders being delayed by people though.

Also just checked this morning what I paid in state taxes in 2022, and it was less than $5k. This year financially will be about the same for me, so I likely wouldn't get the full 5k back either way (I'd have to owe $5k for the year first lol).

I have a trade to consider, but with trade offers only being good for 30 days, I will wait until the car is due to arrive before requesting an offer. Once I get the Tesla offer I'll get offers from carmax, carvana and the local dealer of that make car. However, if the car arrives and the trade offer is not completed, what happens?
I believe it just delays the delivery until the trade in offer is approved/rejected. Seems sometimes the used car folks for Tesla get pretty backed up. I did mine right away when i ordered which may have been a mistake as well, as if it takes long enough they'll have to do it over again (same with financing).

Updating

MYLR
Black
7 Seat Interior
20" Induction rims Black
Enhanced AP
No Tow
OD on inventory car 5/2
Offered delivery 5/3-5/11
Arranged stock sale and Model S sale; didn't schedule inventory pickup
Put on Hold Sunday 5/7
Sold Model S 5/8
Removed Hold 5/8
Placed on Delivery estimate June-July 2023
EDD 5/12-5/23, no VIN
5/13 EDD 5/13-5/23
5/14 VIN assigned;
schedule Delviery confirmed 10AM Rocklin
Price; ~71.2k; paid in full

Highly suspect inventory car someone backed out of sale.

• Informative
Reactions: KJD
MYP
Exterior:
Midnight Silver Metallic
21" Überturbine
No tow hitch

Interior:
White
5 seats

OD: May 12
ODD: June - July 2023
VIN: None

That June - July range's got me 😭
I feel you, PA here as well (Central PA - State College), ordered 5/4 MYP 5 seater 21” EAP/FSD and paid in cash.

We keep getting offered accelerated delivery on alternate configs that we consider of a lesser value and yet they say $1000 more or $1700 more, yet when we also look under available inventory, they all show can only be registered in DE, NJ, IL, WV, ME, etc IE.

All other states around us but nothing that can be registered here in PA. Strangely the accelerated delivery may show a Philadelphia inventory as location, yet under details it states that only the listed States that vehicle can be registered under.