Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oklahoma
MYP Red w/B&W interior
OD: April 30
EDD: May 2023
EDD2 given on May 10: May 23 - June 20
EDD3 given on May 23: June 10 - June 19
VIN also provided on May 23
EDD4 given on May 31: June 1 - June 10
Delivery scheduled on June 1 for June 9
VIN retracted on June 2 (see updates below)
EDD6 given on June 2: June 2 - June 11
EDD7 given on June 5: June 11 - June 25
*VIN assigned June 6 (PF8022xx)
*EDD8 given on June 6: June 20 - June 27

Update given on June 2 via text: Hi Ricky, we've just received an update that the Model Y assigned to your order will not make it to your delivery center. We are actively working with our factory team to build you a new Model Y as soon as possible. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and will provide you with an update once we have a new Model Y assigned to your order.

Update given on June 5 via text: Good Morning Ricky, you have been prioritized to receive a new VIN as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: AbblePC
I agree about the black/white interior holding things up. Read somewhere they are real hard to come by in Texas. Mine was a Fremont build. But you ordered only on 4/21 and mine was 4/12. Got my delivery notice today and I hope you are not far behind.
Me too. Timing may be crappy, because I’ll be in the mountains without cell coverage for about 5 days next week. Hope they won’t require me to respond during that time.

Good luck on a clean delivery!

Reactions: W R Carter
Just a quick update - had really minor interior issues and one small exterior issue (loose sun visor, trim on driver handle thread being a little exposed in the middle, cable under seat loose, rear tail light a little protruding) all issues I found being as meticulous as possible and honestly wouldn’t have minded if they said it was within spec. The service tech came out and fixed everything perfectly and even provided a brand new trunk cover since the material was a little frayed. He even aligned the back door that he said could be even more level which I hadn’t even noticed. Then adjusted the trunk very slightly as well. Was super impressed with how flawless everything looks and the level of expertise, I know not everyone’s experience, but hopefully you all can have similar experiences if you need something fixed!
Was yours gray color? I saw one at service today with rear taillight was sticking out at Tyco.

Pick up MY LR in Dallas yesterday. LOL, I could not imagine that I just bought an almost 60K car but pick up without an assistant and name card although I could handle that. I had to find my car by VIN 1 by 1.
Please disregard my previous complaint. After thoroughly inspecting the car both inside and out, I can confirm that it is in excellent condition, with the exception of the HW3.0. I have noticed a slight noise, resembling that of two pieces of loose plastic hitting each other when driving on rough terrain. So far, everything is good and smooth.

Pick up MY LR in Dallas yesterday. LOL, I could not imagine that I just bought an almost 60K car but pick up without an assistant and name card although I could handle that. I had to find my car by VIN 1 by 1.
Please disregard my previous complaint. After thoroughly inspecting the car both inside and out, I can confirm that it is in excellent condition, with the exception of the HW3.0. I have noticed a slight noise, resembling that of two pieces of loose plastic hitting each other when driving on rough terrain. So far, everything is good and smooth.
There was no one at the service center to help you at all? When I walked inside I just told the first employee I saw that I was taking delivery today. They asked for my name and found the rep I had been texting and emailing with for the past 2 months. I was happy to have at least that brief 5 minutes of human contact when completing a nearly $60k purchase 😭

Reactions: TJ2000
There was no one at the service center to help you at all? When I walked inside I just told the first employee I saw that I was taking delivery today. They asked for my name and found the rep I had been texting and emailing with for the past 2 months. I was happy to have at least that brief 5 minutes of human contact when completing a nearly $60k purchase 😭
Yep. No one was there when I arrived. I saw tons of Teslas, and try to find my car one by one. I gave up, and finally found a valet desk but no employee there. I waited for 30 mins, and a guy came over to check my name and did the same thing, trying to find my vin one by one. LOL.

Mine is MYLR Red/Black Interior 5 seater 19inch wheels ordered on 4/8
Really odd that it's taking so long for you to get your VIN. The only difference from mine was the Tow hitch and I got my VIN in 2 weeks. Maybe it's your location. I.e. - you live in an area where there are limited Tesla deliveries??? But I still have a hard time thinking that's the case. Or maybe you have a trade, financing or some other difference. I paid cash with no trades. So maybe it's an easier transaction.

Really odd that it's taking so long for you to get your VIN. The only difference from mine was the Tow hitch and I got my VIN in 2 weeks. Maybe it's your location. I.e. - you live in an area where there are limited Tesla deliveries??? But I still have a hard time thinking that's the case. Or maybe you have a trade, financing or some other difference. I paid cash with no trades. So maybe it's an easier transaction.
Usually a quick VIN means they had one is stock close to you. Or it is possible you placed an order and the color/version/etc was being produced and easy to enter into the queue. Can probably tell by VIN number...

Really odd that it's taking so long for you to get your VIN. The only difference from mine was the Tow hitch and I got my VIN in 2 weeks. Maybe it's your location. I.e. - you live in an area where there are limited Tesla deliveries??? But I still have a hard time thinking that's the case. Or maybe you have a trade, financing or some other difference. I paid cash with no trades. So maybe it's an easier transactiGot my VIN this morning its a Fremont build and surely has HW4.
Difficult to figure how the order delivery schedule works, I have watched this forum for weeks marveled that some folks can order a Tesla and get it in two or three weeks. Mine has taken about 3 months order to projected delivery!!!!!
Got my ViN this morning with F803XXX - it is a Fremont build and almost certainly has HW4
OD 03/22 MYLR red with white, 5 seat, 19 in wheel with tow.
EDD 06/24 - 06/30 to Baltimore. Hopefully they deliver sooner as I have travel plans starting 06/26. Also very excited about getting a new Model Y.

Reactions: AbblePC and pkmody