Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for white interior

Have you received your SR+ white interior M3

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no stats to back this back, but LRs appear to take longer especially right while as they focus on volume and not so much profitably (insert lol). If I ordered an LR, I'd expect white glove treatment...but what I've seen from other people with LRs...is that they are waiting and waiting...

Ya this is disappointing-I don’t know how SR vehicles are being delivered before mine since I ordered two weeks before people could even a SR model.....if dominos pizza can make a pizza tracker for my pizza, why can’t Tesla make an order tracker for my 50k car? /sigh

• Funny
Reactions: Mdoss
P3D+ red on white ordered 3/9....waiting impatiently :D I'm hoping for end of quarter (10 days away) but not optimistic.
That is my config. I. Love. That. Car. Be patient, it is so worth it. BTW, I’ve had it four months and those seats are super easy to keep clean.

Don’t put anything on the white seats. All you need are some Lysol or Clorox wipes and the jean stains come right off. This is the recommendation of the material manufacturer.

I have cleaned the jean stains off many times, works great
Agree. I keep a can of Lysol wet wipes in the little storage cubby in the trunk. If I see any stain anywhere in the seats/liners, I wipe it off right away.

• Informative
Reactions: tiggerlu
Also, the car had mats except for the frunk, so do not make my mistake - do not buy mats.
The mats are very thin and will not last very long. Also they have tendency to roll on the corners.

Tesla and other companies sales some custom made for the Model 3 but they are a little be pricey
and I did not like that the 2nd row was not fully covering the middle space between the two front seats.

I found the following on Amazon, they overlap on the edges but I like it in fact, so I didn't made any cuts:

$60 - Motor Trend Odorless Heavy Duty Car SUV
4 Piece Floor Mats - All Weather - 2 Row and Trim to Fit Trunk XL Cargo Liner (Black)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WT9NPRA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=
Dimension
1st Row L 28" x W 20"
2nd Row L 17.5" x W 56"
Trunk L 43" x W 54"

Or if you only want the trunk:

$21.50 - BDK MT-785-BK Black Heavy Duty Cargo Floor Mat-All Weather
Trunk Protection, Trimmable to Fit & Durable HD Rubber
https://www.amazon.com/BDK-Heavy-Rubber-Cargo-Floor/dp/B00PV5F2L6/ref=pd_all_spx_6/145-7730189-417172
Product dimensions: 55.8 X 42.8

As we approach the end of the quarter, our small poll indicates approximately 70% are still waiting for their white interior SR+, and 30% have them.

I expect Tesla will do some inventory balancing in April, with on time deliveries improving in May. Then as Elon stated, they will be ramping up SR production in June.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
As we approach the end of the quarter, our small poll indicates approximately 70% are still waiting for their white interior SR+, and 30% have them

Had a delivery date of 3/29, was told yesterday that it was moved to 3/30 due to transit/inspection/detail.

It works as its now a Saturday but fingers crossed no more surprises which I know is a long shot. I wonder if they do deliveries on Sundays?

You guys get a discount on 3D MAXpider mats for being a forum member on joecarstuff.com. Use coupon code TMC at checkout and you will get the mats for $16 under minimum allowed pricing set by 3D. We normally have them in stock and ship the same day so you get the mats quick. However 3D ran out of stock and we sold through our remaining 250 sets and now have a 2-3 week back order right now.

You guys get a discount on 3D MAXpider mats for being a forum member on joecarstuff.com. Use coupon code TMC at checkout and you will get the mats for $16 under minimum allowed pricing set by 3D. We normally have them in stock and ship the same day so you get the mats quick. However 3D ran out of stock and we sold through our remaining 250 sets and now have a 2-3 week back order right now.

Hey Joe! I received my 3D Kagu mats from you - they're awesome looking. Two things I wanted to mention - one, is it took 3 weeks to ship to the West Coast (Canada)...not much you can do about that.

The other thing is duties - my postman said next time ask them to put something like "From Joe to Lu"...and avoid the duties because it's very arbitrary. I ended up paying an extra 40$ CAD for duties, so a bit pricey!

Just got a call that my config won't be ready for my scheduled delivery on Mar 30th. I could get a different colour and they would eat the cost of the paint upgrade but to keep the white interior, I lose the 19" wheels on anything they can give me this weekend. Or I can take the 19" wheels and get black interior. I'm sticking with white interior so now the question is whether I can live with the aero wheels. I guess I could always use the aeros with winter tires and get a summer set of something else. Any advice?

Just got a call that my config won't be ready for my scheduled delivery on Mar 30th. I could get a different colour and they would eat the cost of the paint upgrade but to keep the white interior, I lose the 19" wheels on anything they can give me this weekend. Or I can take the 19" wheels and get black interior. I'm sticking with white interior so now the question is whether I can live with the aero wheels. I guess I could always use the aeros with winter tires and get a summer set of something else. Any advice?
How long would you have to wait to get the configuration you want? IMO I would wait.
Definitively I would not get the 18" because of the look (with or without cover) The 19" are perfect.

I'd wait - i can't imagine your wait time being more than days, or a week if it's a minor hold up like in a delivery?

You picked white interior for a reason, and I saw white seats on a Model X and they look so good. The 19" sport wheels also look amazing, I got the 18" aero wheels...primarily for the "supposed" extra range, but if I had to re-do it I'd get the 19" and figure something out for winter tires.

Reactions: nxYEG and Watts_Up
I'd wait - i can't imagine your wait time being more than days, or a week if it's a minor hold up like in a delivery?

You picked white interior for a reason, and I saw white seats on a Model X and they look so good. The 19" sport wheels also look amazing, I got the 18" aero wheels...primarily for the "supposed" extra range, but if I had to re-do it I'd get the 19" and figure something out for winter tires.
Thanks for this!

Reactions: tiggerlu
For anyone is interested, I was told by a detailer that you can use a ceramic protector like Gyeon Q2 on your vegan leather.

I plan to do that on my white seats, it basically makes them super hydrophobic and will repel any stains including jean dye. Which really means you can wipe off without any residue staying behind.

I think it’ll pay off over time, we shall see!

• Informative
Reactions: nxYEG and Mdoss