Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WA resident Bought Car from Oregon store. No plate yet.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Leafdriver333

Somewhat Active Member
Mar 21, 2019
usa
It's been almost 3 weeks since I got my car and I still do not have the metal license plates for it.
My temporary paper plate expires in 2 days.
I contacted Tesla and I am told it is in process.
How did you get your WA plate if you bought from Portland store?
Do they mail it to you? Do you go to DOL?
I financed and I do not have the title.

It's been almost 3 weeks since I got my car and I still do not have the metal license plates for it.
My temporary paper plate expires in 2 days.
I contacted Tesla and I am told it is in process.
How did you get your WA plate if you bought from Portland store?
Do they mail it to you? Do you go to DOL?
I financed and I do not have the title.

For reference, I bought and live in WA. I got 6 week temporary plates when I picked up the car and the permanent plates took 4 weeks to arrive. I'm surprised that you were given temporary plates that were only valid for 3 weeks (the delivery rep even mentioned to me that it typically takes 3-4 weeks for the proper plates to arrive). Obviously your situation is a little different but, still...

• Helpful
Reactions: Leafdriver333
I had the same situation. I purchased from the Portland store and live in Vancouver. The plates for Washington residents are issued out of the Seattle store. Mine were FedEx and arrived to days after the paper plates expired. All I can recommend is to keep the pressure on and make sure you know who is managing your plates in Seattle.

One thing you can do is call the state of Washington Department of motor vehicles and give them your Vin. They can tell you if the title and plates have been issued and what date. If the Washington DMV doesn’t have any record then you need to push Tesla.

• Helpful
I took delivery of my car (from the Bellevue SC) four weeks ago tomorrow, and my plates came yesterday by FedEx from the Seattle store. 4 weeks compares with other cars I've bought in the past. I received no notice other than the email from FedEx, as I had claimed my address with them.

• Helpful
I took delivery of my car (from the Bellevue SC) four weeks ago tomorrow, and my plates came yesterday by FedEx from the Seattle store. 4 weeks compares with other cars I've bought in the past. I received no notice other than the email from FedEx, as I had claimed my address with them.

Same experience, purchased 4 weeks ago from Seattle SLU, plates arriving today.

• Helpful
Finally got the plates. 5 days past the original date dealer gave me.
I had to get the expiration extended by 10 days at home.
Can you notice the extension?
Tesla people in Portland must have been swamped. They didn't reply to my text and email when I tried to reach them last week.

52drv8.jpg

It turned out better than I thought.
I thought the front plate would ruin the look.

r9lnyx.jpg