Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very happy with delivery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, just found this forum a couple weeks ago and this is my first post. Today I picked up a MY Black/Black PuP FSD (I think I got that right? :). From the posts on here I was really worried going in I'd find all kinds of problems but I was super impressed. Car looks great. The taillights had some gaps which they're going to fix but everything else was terrific. Just wanted to let others know that are thinking about waiting to order I don't think you need to (nor should you, this car rocks!)

Hey everyone, just found this forum a couple weeks ago and this is my first post. Today I picked up a MY Black/Black PuP FSD (I think I got that right? :). From the posts on here I was really worried going in I'd find all kinds of problems but I was super impressed. Car looks great. The taillights had some gaps which they're going to fix but everything else was terrific. Just wanted to let others know that are thinking about waiting to order I don't think you need to (nor should you, this car rocks!)

I agree. I have a Red on White AWD LR with a hitch. I had a couple minor issues and no concerns with post delivery service.
BTW I traded a BMW 3 series for my wife’s M3 and a Mercedes GLC for my MY and I will never go back to an ICE vehicle. I’m happy to deal with a couple post delivery issues instead of paying $100s for an oil change and service very 6 months.

What's your VIN and build date? I ordered our on June 29th so I don't expect delivery for a few weeks. But I waited until after the EOQ rush to deliver cars is over. I hope going forward that there are fewer defects leaving the factory and the Service Centers get pro-active and ID and correct issues the factory missed before they try and deliver cars to owners.

I picked mine up on Monday (Littleton, CO. Red/White, perf) and was really worried about fit and finish. I'm happy to say that the F&F is very good. So far only three minor things that should be easy to take care of. Not of the large number of things that I have seen people having to deal with.
1) Rear spoiler separating on passenger side (hard to notice)
2) Driver side fender camera housing not seated correctly (a little cock-eyed)
3) Rear seat a little out of alignment. (right seat .5 in further back at headrest then others)
The body alignments are spot on! Not sure they could be better! Same with light housings.
Getting use to all the new noises that an EV make that I'm not used to. Heat pump is very noisy. Only noticeable when parked.
Amazed on how little heat gets in through the roof. 93deg today on short trip! AC worked great.
Momentary panic when it started hailing about a mile from garage!!! Fortunately only pea sized so no damage.

What's your VIN and build date? I ordered our on June 29th so I don't expect delivery for a few weeks. But I waited until after the EOQ rush to deliver cars is over. I hope going forward that there are fewer defects leaving the factory and the Service Centers get pro-active and ID and correct issues the factory missed before they try and deliver cars to owners.

12XXX. Ordered 6/5 not sure of the build date. Going back end of the month to fix the taillights. Also the streaming radio not working but they said it could take up to 5 days for the account to become active.

12XXX. Ordered 6/5 not sure of the build date. Going back end of the month to fix the taillights. Also the streaming radio not working but they said it could take up to 5 days for the account to become active.

I know this sounds crazy but I did a reset pushing the two control wheels down on the steering wheel and when it came back up the streaming radio was logged in.