Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 2020.20.17 Glitchy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car seems very glitchy lately. I'm in version 2020.20.17 and I've noticed a few things. (1) One I start the car, there is a quiet buzzing sound, seems like it's coming from the screen. It happens for only about 15 seconds then stops (2) I have to keep re-adding my phone. It's still in the profile when I re-add it, but often it doesn't automatically connect when I get in the car, despite it allowing me to get in the car using the phone as my key? (3) Last night, although plugged in... didn't charge at midnight as it has done every single day I've owned it. WTH? I did try a re-boot pushing both buttons and the break but it seems it's still glitchy. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Connect your car to wifi then hit Software in the menu to see if you have an update available. There aren’t too many cars still in that version per TeslaFi, at least vehicles that participate in sending their info to TeslaFi. Hopefully you receive an update soon as that version was buggy for you.

4A388ACA-9C99-4071-AFA6-48B0D9B23790.png

Connect your car to wifi then hit Software in the menu to see if you have an update available. There aren’t too many cars still in that version per TeslaFi, at least vehicles that participate in sending their info to TeslaFi. Hopefully you receive an update soon as that version was buggy for you.

View attachment 568218

Count me as one of the 2020.20.17 people still.... I am MCU1/AP2 MX 75D. Am scheduled for HW3 install in a few weeks. Hopefully that opens up some of the additional updates since they mostly seem to be centered around the FSD.

View attachment 568218
About an hour after posting, I had an update arrive. I'mm now on 2020.24.6.9 I did realize that the charging issue was electrical related and not the car so I'm relieved about that. Hopefully the rest of the glitches will be fixed too! What is TeslaFi?

About an hour after posting, I had an update arrive. I'mm now on 2020.24.6.9 I did realize that the charging issue was electrical related and not the car so I'm relieved about that. Hopefully the rest of the glitches will be fixed too! What is TeslaFi?

Good to hear you're good to go. Make sure you do a reboot after the update is done, hold both steering wheel buttons until the screen goes black. That helps clear any bugs out too

TeslaFi is a third party website that you allow access to view the data you're car is always sending to Tesla. It gives you nice graphs and other data to see what your car is doing. I use it to track my overall efficiency and how much I'm saving by driving an EV. It's a cool site to deep dive on the data but there are others out there too. I listed it below with a $5 off code, they have a 14 day trial too.

TeslaFi