Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle may not restart Message when braking in slow driving mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure exactly when this started and def. kicked up since we installed the latest SW 2024.3.10 update yesterday.

Everytime we hit the brakes sometimes while driving under 10 mph, almost 100% when doing a hard break from over 10 mph the "Vehicle may not restart" Message pops up and then goes away.
The log shows: BMS_a036 entries for each occurance.

Not sure what to do, after reading similar entries in the Forum. This may be a new behavior?
Wondering if others experiencing this exact same issue (may be with the SW update or if it is unrelated).

THX for any reports / advice before I schedule a service appointment which I can get earliest end of April !
I am going on a 1000 miles round road trip this this Sunday. Should I even risk it or take my old car?

THX, and glad to be joining this great community as a ownerof a

2024 Model Y LR, January Austin build, 245 miles, lates SW Version: v11.1 (2024.3.10)

After further investigation, this seems to be a "heat" related issue. When outside temperature go over 80F this message pops up ! We had a few cooler days and no messages. Today >80F and messages pop up again, especially when braking, but now even when just driving.
Guess service will be required .... still interested if any body has experienced this or has an explanation.

About 11 months ago I and several others experienced the same a036 code. Maybe you've seen the thread but if not, do a search. There were various fixes involving wiring harnesses, third brake lights and others I don't remember. Since no one actually had a failure to restart, I took a chance and was the only one of the group that didn't involve TS. After a month or so the warning stopped and has never recurred.

About 11 months ago I and several others experienced the same a036 code. Maybe you've seen the thread but if not, do a search. There were various fixes involving wiring harnesses, third brake lights and others I don't remember. Since no one actually had a failure to restart, I took a chance and was the only one of the group that didn't involve TS. After a month or so the warning stopped and has never recurred.
THX, yes I did research and saw most if not all of the threads and experiences. I recall at least 1 with some serious issue, but was hoping to have your experience and that is goes away. Will keep monitoring but have scheduled an appointment end of May when it fits my schedule... Taking old car on road trip, bummer, but not too adventurous going through the middle of nowhere ...

Not sure exactly when this started and def. kicked up since we installed the latest SW 2024.3.10 update yesterday.

Everytime we hit the brakes sometimes while driving under 10 mph, almost 100% when doing a hard break from over 10 mph the "Vehicle may not restart" Message pops up and then goes away.
The log shows: BMS_a036 entries for each occurance.

Not sure what to do, after reading similar entries in the Forum. This may be a new behavior?
Wondering if others experiencing this exact same issue (may be with the SW update or if it is unrelated).

THX for any reports / advice before I schedule a service appointment which I can get earliest end of April !
I am going on a 1000 miles round road trip this this Sunday. Should I even risk it or take my old car?

THX, and glad to be joining this great community as a ownerof a

2024 Model Y LR, January Austin build, 245 miles, lates SW Version: v11.1 (2024.3.10)
Has anyone experienced being stuck in traffic with a dead car after the stop/start function fails to restart car when foot is taken off brake? This has happened to me several times and the dealer is stumped.