Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB microSD for Audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have 2 x 400GB microSD cards formatted as FAT32 and full of mp3's connected via a usb 3.1 adapter which is lightening fast through my laptop however unfortunately it takes the car about 15 minutes to load the cards and once it does the music player ui lags like 10 seconds per button press... nearly unusable. The very worst part however is it seems to have to re-load the cards every time the car wakes from sleep. It doesn't appear to retain the music database at all internally.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior? I am not sure what's the point of even supporting a usb disk feature like this the way it is. Luckily the LTE streaming radio stations are pretty good but I would like to listen to my personal library of music. At the very least they should support m4a (iTunes) files and filesystems that are more stable then FAT32. Dashcam keeps corrupting my flash drive.

Incase anyone is curious here is the dual-microsd adapter i'm using...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GXPTRKU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Would be incredible if it just supported a standard iPod hookup since I have an iPod classic from my old car with all my favorite tracks already on it. Shouldn't be asking too much huh? Might need to relegate my old 30-pin iPod Touch to the task via bluetooth but I was really hoping it would handle the sd cards more elegantly.