Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB-C power delivery car charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anker puts out solid, well built and well engineered products. I trust them significantly better than Belkin, who I've known to seeming rebadge other products.

I'm just so confused with everyone's big focus on charging when mobile. I would have thought that the Pixel 2XL would have had enough battery to last through a day or two and all you need to worry is charging at night. I can understand iPhone users, since Apple doesn't seem to give a crap about battery life.

I tend to never dock my phone, unless going on a long trip and then how fast it charges isn't a big deal, as it will be plugged in for a long time.

Reactions: jboy210
I've used the Belkin for a while for the specific purpose of using it with a Pixel 2 XL. The phone displays "charging rapidly" when plugged in. It seems to work fine.

Do you leave it plugged into the 12v slot and can you close the "flip out" lid?

Anker puts out solid, well built and well engineered products. I trust them significantly better than Belkin, who I've known to seeming rebadge other products.

I'm just so confused with everyone's big focus on charging when mobile. I would have thought that the Pixel 2XL would have had enough battery to last through a day or two and all you need to worry is charging at night. I can understand iPhone users, since Apple doesn't seem to give a crap about battery life.

I tend to never dock my phone, unless going on a long trip and then how fast it charges isn't a big deal, as it will be plugged in for a long time.

It's more of an emergency thing. The Pixel 2 will typically last 2 days, the way I use it. But I also have a wifi hotspot in the car that I use with my Blackvue cameras. That drains about 70% during a normal work day. I'm considering using the car charger to charge it during my commutes, so I don't have to bring it in the house every day. Yeah, first world problems.