Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade to MCU2 and AP HW3.0 [Europe]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Я владелец Tesla на конец 2017 года, оплатил установку FSD, тоже хочу установить MSu2. Сообщите нам, когда они смогут установить MSU2 в Европе.

Я владелец Tesla на конец 2017 года, оплатил установку FSD, тоже хочу установить MSu2. Сообщите нам, когда они смогут установить MSU2 в Европе.

NewI am a Tesla owner at the end of 2017, paid for the FSD installation, I also want to install MSu2. Let us know when they can install MSU2 in Europe.

Sorry,we don't know at the moment
Извините, на данный момент мы не знаем

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
DAB will still be available. Only FM/AM will not be supported any more .
I don’t think this is correct. If Europe follows the US then they will not upgrade the tuner which is a separate bit of hardware mounted above the footwell kickpanel (the MCU1 tuner will not work with MCU2)... so no DAB, FM or AM - they explicitly disable the tuner in the car config.

In the unlikely event they do upgrade the tuner then you will lose AM as the MCU2 tuner is DAB/FM only.

Reactions: Art VandeIay
This is correct and assuming that DAB is the new standard in Europe, DAB will remained with the MCU2 swap. In Switzerland FM/AM (UKW) will disappear end of 2023.

I don’t think you can tell people that at this point. I’ve actually done the MCU2 upgrade from MCU1 on my car in the UK - DAB is definitely not built into the MCU2 hardware so would not automatically be included in the main MCU swap. It is a separate piece of hardware mounted above the driver’s footwell (in a RHD car) that also does FM (not AM), which I also had to upgrade in the process (a real pain of a job) along with a new cabling harness between the two. If I hadn’t upgraded the tuner hardware as well (as is Tesla’s stance in the US) then I would have lost both DAB and FM and had to rely solely on TuneIn.

As pointed out by others far more knowledgeable than me such as @kdday, Tesla have even included parameters in the gateway config to explicitly disable the tuner, which lends further weight that they don’t intend to keep DAB/FM for MCU2 upgrades, it’s simply too much work. Model 3 tuner is also separate hardware to the main MCU for reference.