Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to charge error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, originally posted on Facebook but wanted to see if the experienced owners here have more insight. My 2 weeks old model Y got the "unable to charge" error without the other equipment errors. The deadpin wouldn't unlock and Tesla icon solid red. Took to service center and they diagnosed to be a faulty wire from charge port to computer. I searched the web and didn't come across a "faulty wire" issue, more the parts inside charging port breaking.

Anyone have any insights?

I hope this doesn't occur frequent. But if it were to happen again, would this be covered under the limited 4 years/50,000 warranty or battery warranty?

Thanks in advance!

I guess nobody share the same experience as me lol

But I finally got my car back after sitting at service center for a week. They replaced the whole charge port, wiring, as well as busbar (they said this was proactive, nothing was actually wrong with this component).

Car charges fine now and everything seems normal? fingers crossed.

I've had that error exactly twice:

1) The first time was when I tried to use the wife's 120V Level 1 Nissan EVSE with the Tesla adapter to charge the car. Didn't work. Won't work and that's that.

2) The second time was when I used the stock Tesla EVSE. Somehow I was too delicate with the plug (having never owned a Tesla before) and I didn't have it inserted all the way in. It gave me that error.