Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following deal with Hilton in USA it would be nice for Tesla to do a deal with a UK hotel group. Premier Inn would be my vote:
1694104078234.png

Following deal with Hilton in USA it would be nice for Tesla to do a deal with a UK hotel group. Premier Inn would be my vote:
View attachment 971695
Premier Inn already did a stupid deal with Genepoint to fit 60KW chargers - https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/why/electric-charging.html

Because people are really going to get up in the night each hour to swap who gets a go on one charger, rather than installing 9 x 7kW chargers.

Everything is premier apart from the EV charging provision.

Premier Inn already did a stupid deal with Genepoint to fit 60KW chargers - https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/why/electric-charging.html

Because people are really going to get up in the night each hour to swap who gets a go on one charger, rather than installing 9 x 7kW chargers.

Everything is premier apart from the EV charging provision.
exactly.. anyone with more than 7 kw chargers at the hotels - are mental

Update : There's now a specific Gridserve web page for the upcoming Stevenage Electric Forecourt, which will be very conveniently located on the A1M at junction 7.

the site will include superchargers, although for unknown reasons Tesla stopped linking the site on their supercharger page some time ago.

The build is apparently going to start this year, with opening during H1 2024.

Last edited:
I just went via Tamworth Services yesterday.
In tesla page it shows that SC is due in Q4 2023.

View attachment 973757

No other activity apart of dug up parking is visible and there is Moto services sign about "EV charging hub coming"
Thanks for posting the update. It's good to see something is definitely in the pipeline, but I don't quite know what to make of it. It looks like it could potentially include many charging spaces (given the fences go around the back of that area, which looks like it's been dug up?), but of course we don't know how many will be Tesla (if at all), or how much space will be taken up by charging infrastructure etc. Either way, I fear it could be many months before things are in place and I can't see how they're going to make Q4, but I hope I'm wrong!

I don’t know why I do it to myself but I can’t help it…. @PB1975 any more news? Nearly October 😂
Apparently at the grand opening there will be an amazing party, food, beverages and Elon will fly out to cut the ribbon as they’ve been able to build three complete Gigafactories around the world in less time than it’s taken to energise half a dozen Superchargers in Hants. It’s legend. 😍

Apparently at the grand opening there will be an amazing party, food, beverages and Elon will fly out to cut the ribbon as they’ve been able to build three complete Gigafactories around the world in less time than it’s taken to energise half a dozen Superchargers in Hants. It’s legend. 😍
😮😮😂

Elon arriving in a Cybertruck!! 🫨

Has anyone been able to work out if they are even going to be V3s? Part of me thinks they will be V1s just to rub it in 🫣

Can we dream they will go on in 2024….

Is it news to everyone that Tesla briefly closed fleet northbound, had some engineers there, and now some of the old Tesla bays are now a different charging network?
I hoped they would energise southbound at the same time, but no, although some applegreen ones are there too now.

Is it news to everyone that Tesla briefly closed fleet northbound, had some engineers there, and now some of the old Tesla bays are now a different charging network?
I hoped they would energise southbound at the same time, but no, although some applegreen ones are there too now.
This happened at the start of the year but the Apple green ones were never switched on (possibly for the same reason that the Tesla ones were/are not enabled). Having said that, charge finder says now that 2 of the 4 Apple green ones are available on the Northbound side. Not sure if that is accurate.

Another V4 planning application in SW Scotland: plans for a 16 bay supercharger at Radstone Hotel, M74 Jct 8 (Larkhall) have just been approved. This corresponds with Tesla's Hamilton coming soon marker, currently with a target date of Q1 2024. Map coordinates: approx 55.719800, -3.953600.
Tip-off courtesy of Alex Rogers on TOUK.

View attachment 947539

View attachment 947540
Construction is already underway at Larkhall/Hamilton according to a post on the TOUK Facebook group. Some stall foundations are in the ground - they are the boxier type which seem to correspond with V4 tombstones as per the planning drawings.

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1