Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing other than the planning approval. Tesla describe it as a “Q2” project so I’d hope that means we could see work beginning in as soon as a month or two.
I've just noted that a planning application for chargers at Rownhams M27 was withdrawn in late Nov last year. The application looked like it was for BP chargers rather than Tesla superchargers though.

Reactions: PB1975
I've just noted that a planning application for chargers at Rownhams M27 was withdrawn in late Nov last year. The application looked like it was for BP chargers rather than Tesla superchargers though.
Hopefully a sign that a pre-existing application for a Polar rapids has been superseded by the Ecotrocity/Tesla application due to a Moto-wide agreement for Ecotricity as the universal rapid supplier, plus Tesla.
Did you notice whether it was on the “Nortbound” or “Southbound” site?

Hopefully a sign that a pre-existing application for a Polar rapids has been superseded by the Ecotrocity/Tesla application due to a Moto-wide agreement for Ecotricity as the universal rapid supplier, plus Tesla.

Why hopefully? Surely the more rapids the better. BP have installed rapids at Moto Burghfield on the M4 where they also have a petrol station (although they are not operational yet). Doesn't appear to be anything stopping them installing rapids in their petrol stations.

Work has started on the supercharger site in Kings Lynn according to a post in the Facebook Tesla Model 3 UK Owners group. It is just off the Hardwick roundabout near the Dragonfly Hotel. The picture shows at least three stalls...
If someone can share photos etc I can update supercharge.info

nothing on the planning permission for the hotel expansion that mention Superchargers etc

If someone can share photos etc I can update supercharge.info

nothing on the planning permission for the hotel expansion that mention Superchargers etc
Here is the photo. Obviously due credit to the person who posted; nothing to do with me!

Attachments

• 0F38EB78-3412-4ACF-BEF6-352FFEF8F93E.jpeg
    0F38EB78-3412-4ACF-BEF6-352FFEF8F93E.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 322
  • Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: cezdoc and CMc1
Dragonfly Hotel, Beveridge Way, Hardwick Narrow, King's Lynn PE30 4NB.

That's right by the marker on the Tesla map, but only "target opening Q3 2021". Of course we don't have much experience with these quarter-by-quarter predictions to know if they are any more accurate than the notoriously unreliable whole-year predictions that used to be given.

Why hopefully? Surely the more rapids the better. BP have installed rapids at Moto Burghfield on the M4 where they also have a petrol station (although they are not operational yet). Doesn't appear to be anything stopping them installing rapids in their petrol stations.
Only in the sense that the Polar units might have been a less ambitious, smaller project but now it’s been superseded by this larger one. If they were in addition, the. Obviously that’s a good thing.

FYI There will be new rumours of activity at Fleet South and the extra bays at Fleet North. We asked the Head of Superchargers to arrange for covers on the tombstones as they might reflect badly on the brand and get damaged further. They’ve just done it so the 12 (S) and extra 4 (N) look smart... but passing owners will likely comment that it is a sign of action. Sadly there’s still no concrete news.

On the testvalley.gov.uk website, the BP charger application is ref. 20/02878/FULLS for the eastbound (northern) site, located adjacent to the petrol station rather than the main services. Application received 18-Nov-20, withdrawn 25-Nov-20, so it didn't last long!

For reference the Tesla/Ecotricity application (also eastbound but in the main services car park) is ref. 20/03020/FULLS, received 01-Dec-20. If I'm interpreting it correctly, it is currently under review, awaiting a final decision.

Reactions: PB1975
FYI There will be new rumours of activity at Fleet South and the extra bays at Fleet North. We asked the Head of Superchargers to arrange for covers on the tombstones as they might reflect badly on the brand and get damaged further. They’ve just done it so the 12 (S) and extra 4 (N) look smart... but passing owners will likely comment that it is a sign of action. Sadly there’s still no concrete news.
Just had it confirmed that this is going to happen at Hartshead Moor too. Covers are on order within Tesla so as soon as they arrive they’ll be installed on the battered tombstones there. Again, this will likely lead to optimism about them being switched on soon, but there are no developments on that front.

• Helpful
Reactions: LukeUK and CMc1
Just had it confirmed that this is going to happen at Hartshead Moor too. Covers are on order within Tesla so as soon as they arrive they’ll be installed on the battered tombstones there. Again, this will likely lead to optimism about them being switched on soon, but there are no developments on that front.
Surprised they don’t remove the stalls and use them elsewhere (pre-V3) and then cap off/secure the cabling.

:)GridServe are about to start work on the Norwich East site which includes Superchargers. Obviously this will be a particularly long process for a Supercharger site, but great news.
Just checked and it looks like Braintree was faster than I thought. Publicity about work starting was on 10th March and it was ready for opening in October, but COVID delayed that a month or two longer.

Flint news- drove past Mountain Park hotel earlier and can confirm they have finally started work on the supercharger at the rear of the hotel. Couldn’t get a pic as quite a few people working on it.

Will go a bit later in next few weeks and grab a few pics.

Interesting, lived in Flint Mountain when at Deeside College, shall have a look next time I'm over at Wrexham with work.