Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turo Los Angeles to San Francisco one way?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks. I'm doing a solo road trip from LA to San Francisco at the end of this month and have had no luck finding a one way Tesla Rental with any of the major car hire companies, so I saw the suggestion another poster made to ask here if any owners do one way rentals through turo?

Dates are tentatively July 28th from LA (Hollywood area) to 30th San Francisco downtown/Emeryville.

I'm fine with any model Tesla (current Model 3 driver)

Thanks in advance,

Pete

I think that Hertz may be your only option. If they don't do it, I'm not sure if you have one. Turo is probably not a good source, since it is a car sharing service and I wouldn't want to have to drive to SF to pick up my car from LA.

One of the classic ways to do the trip is in a convertible, top down, hair blowing. Smell the fresh ocean (once you leave LA)

You’re not going to find a one way Turo rental. The owner has no easy way to get the car back or get the car ready for another renter if it’s 300 miles away.

Even with a national car rental chain not all locations will have or be familiar with EVs so that’s probably why they don’t do one ways. Will likely just have to stick with an ICE vehicle.

Avis rents Teslas, but not sure they’ll do a 1-way rental like that. I did a different drop off location with a Model 3, but that was only ~30 miles away. Might try calling Avis to find out if they’ll do an LAX to SFO; both locations listed as having Tesla rentals.