Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tunein Login Not Recognized

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Known issue. I also opened a ticket (2 months ago) and no word yet on progress. What is surprising is that this shouldn't be much different than logging into Slacker, which does work. For whatever reason the TuneIn login interface is more problematic.

In addition, content that used to play extremely reliably on TuneIn (e.g. NPR Hourly Update) now comes up with an error saying that this is high bandwidth content and requires that I connect to Wifi to play (strange considering it is spoken content only).

I too have the same issue, I can't log. I also can't locate a station I know is there since I listen to it on my Sonos system through Tunein. I sent Tunein a support query and here's what they said:

AUG 29, 2016 | 11:17AM PDT
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this problem. This is a known issue that has been passed on to Tesla and which they are aware of. We are hoping they will have this fixed soon, but in the meantime we also suggest you contact them as well to let them know of the problem. You can contact Tesla directly through the following channels:

Tech Support:
Toll free (USA only): (877) 79-TESLA or(877) 798-3752
Local Service Center:(844) 248-3752
Email:[email protected]
Or from:Contact | Tesla

I apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your support of TuneIn!

Sincerely,

Matt
TuneIn​

I contacted Tesla and here's the email I received back. Evidently this has been an issue for y-e-a-r-s!

"Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors Support. In regards to your Tune in Issue , that is a known issue and there is nothing that you have done wrong. We are currently working with the radio provider to allow the logins but at this point we do have any update on when this will be resolved."

There's always connection from stations/apps on your phone via Bluetooth I guess. That's how I listen to Pandora in the S.

@FloridaScott and @DGW222 - thank you for sharing your findings. It seems Tesla is suggesting the problem is on the TuneIn side, but not sure that is really the case. I don't have any solid evidence, but I believe the issue is on the Tesla side. Ironically, I can login to TuneIn from the Web Browser in the car, just not from the Media Player (where it really matters). I too am using my phone now as a temporary solution, but would much rather have the functionality originally delivered.

I can’t get the TuneIn account login to work either. 2018 Model S running 2018.39.6 firmware.

Not a huge deal because I can still use the built-in free TuneIn account in the Tesla, but it would be real nice to set up TuneIn favorites using my IOS device and have them show up in the car.

I can’t get the TuneIn account login to work either. 2018 Model S running 2018.39.6 firmware.

Not a huge deal because I can still use the built-in free TuneIn account in the Tesla, but it would be real nice to set up TuneIn favorites using my IOS device and have them show up in the car.
Odd, It’s working fine for me.
I initially setup a TuneIn account with Google authentication. That worked fine on Mac and iOS but not in the tesla. I removed that and created a plain TuneIn account. That worked. This was a couple of months back.