Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No $TSLA news that I know of: the drop from $364 to $356 was following a drop on NASDAQ, which is jittery due to the Brexit cluster-sugar getting more apparent to Britisch politicians too.

(Careful, Brexit is going to get much worse before it can get better. Both "no EU deal" and "EU deal" are a train wreck, the latter simply in slow motion. The real solution would be Remain via Article 50 withdrawal, but hardliners have a hold on the process, at the moment.)
Brexit and the Brexit vote (now suspended) are definitely having a disruptive effect on global markets of ALL types. Personally, I think the chance of a NEW referendum are over 50% now, and frankly I think that objective is what is being engineered, covertly and at the sacrifice of May. Two weeks after the initial vote, polls showed that the vote would be over 60% REMAIN with the foresight of the initial vote and even now, with the understanding and insight into what the true impacts to all the British people would be..

MMA ? Broke through 356 - now at 355. This time even when NASDAQ was going up.

NASDAQ is very much not going up, a 2% drop from the pre-market NASDAQ futures peak.

These are the starting skirmishes of a full Brexit panic today, as I predicted last week - today's delay of the EU-deal vote by the British government made it clear that PM May and the brexiters are cornered.

There's literally only undesirable options left for them.

Last edited:
Brexit and the Brexit vote (now suspended) are definitely having a disruptive effect on global markets of ALL types. Personally, I think the chance of a NEW referendum are over 50% now, and frankly I think that objective is what is being engineered, covertly and at the sacrifice of May. Two weeks after the initial vote, polls showed that the vote would be over 60% REMAIN with the foresight of the initial vote and even now, with the understanding and insight into what the true impacts to all the British people would be..

Note, "new referendum" is not an option. It's being floated by those British politicians and the media who still don't understand the exact circumstances:
  • There is no time to organize a new referendum which will be bombarded by legal challenges like the previous one which took 8 months to perform.
  • The EU is not going to accept the "maybe Brexit in 10 months ... or not" outcome and uncertainty.
  • Britain had 2 years to hold another referendum and they didn't.
  • The EU wants this over with, one way or another. This whole mess is Britain's own making, and they can reverse it with a simple government decision taking back the Article 50.
There's only 3 options on the table at the moment:
  • "EU deal Brexit", perhaps with cosmetic modifications by the EU.
  • "no EU deal crash-out Brexit"
  • Britain taking back the Article 50 notice, until March 29 11pm
The EU has started organizing relief efforts to soften some of the worst humanitarian costs of a crash-out Brexit.
And no, Britain does not have the freedom to delay crunch time anymore, and the last thing the EU wants are the EU elections in May 2019 with Britain still in limbo ...

I was referring to the last statement of “we don’t think they will” in regards to Tesla. (May not be the exact quote. Didn’t rewatch the video.)
Sure, but that was not part of the thesis. That was right after reiterating that Musk's vision for Tesla is to accelerate adoption. I'm sorry, but I just don't see that as FUD after the just pointed out that it has succeeded when expected to fail (and was the only startup to not fail) and is doing even better. I think it illustrates their inability to see that the "big boys" lack the agility/are encumbered with legacy and just think that a large, established company is likely to do better.

So what if they don't see Tesla as being king of the hill? It doesn't have to in order to fulfill its mission or make lots of money for shareholders. Its a minor point that is, at best, tangential to the story they were telling. They went easy on Bob Lulz as they never specifically called him out, but other than that?

Look at the numbers of viewers of 60 minutes. (roughly 10 Mill)60 Minutes TV Show on CBS: Ratings (Cancel or Season 51?)

Then look at number of viewers of JR interview (17 mil so far)

Old media is dying.

Please don't misinterpret viewers with views:
CBS has a range from 14 to 6 viewers, but Youtube counts "views" just after few seconds (I think it's 6, I can't find a source right now).
Web views are very much inflated as well (I'd bet Rogan's interview is not much more than a few million of unique viewers).

Old media maybe be dying, but they are still very much alive atm.

Note, "new referendum" is not an option. It's being floated by those British politicians and the media who still don't understand the exact circumstances:
  • There is no time to organize a new referendum which will be bombarded by legal challenges like the previous one which took 8 months to perform.
  • The EU is not going to accept the "maybe Brexit in 10 months ... or not" outcome and uncertainty.
  • Britain had 2 years to hold another referendum and they didn't.
  • The EU wants this over with, one way or another. This whole mess is Britain's own making, and they can reverse it with a simple government decision taking back the Article 50.
There's only 3 options on the table at the moment:
  • "EU deal Brexit", perhaps with cosmetic modifications by the EU.
  • "no EU deal crash-out Brexit"
  • Britain taking back the Article 50 notice, until March 29 11pm
The EU has started organizing relief efforts to soften some of the worst humanitarian costs of a crash-out Brexit.
And no, Britain does not have the freedom to delay crunch time anymore, and the last thing the EU wants are the EU elections in May 2019 with Britain still in limbo ...
I believe there will be another Brexit vote. It may not be called that but a snap election as current government fails will all be about one issue...Brexit so just as good as referendum

Edit: TSLA bounced back to green along with a rise in indexes. Wonder if this small rally will fade.

I believe there will be another Brexit vote. It may not be called that but a snap election as current government fails will all be about one issue...Brexit so just as good as referendum

Snap election, with new government revoking Article 50?

Reactions: neroden
Brexit or no Brexit, I wanted an FSD bet and now I have some.
20181210_093552.jpg

Reactions: Earlian and erha

A general election right now would likely result in Labor PM Corbyn.

If there's one thing all Tory factions, the Ultras and the DPU agree on: Corbyn Prime Minister when hell freezes over.

It's also immaterial, unless the new government revokes Article 50 Brexit. In every other case Britain ceases to be an EU member on March 29 11pm.

OT

Correct I do not have exact figures but In TN most people were similar to my usage. I used my Chevy Avalanche for family road trips and errands arround town. But I also went on MANY dirt roads, fields and poor gravel roads to get to camping sites or to pick up wood or deliver materials to a muddy Habitat for Humanity job site. Many tasks and roads that could not be done with a car. And all my assistant scoutmasters or Habitat volunteer with trucks did similar. A truck to be successful needs off road and toy hauling capabilities or it will be a laughing stock of a truck.

It's not black and white for a lot of use cases. Some folks 100% need a truck, some 0% need a truck. Lots of the in-between cases could get by with an occasional truck rental or thinking a bit outside the box if they wanted to. Hauling a load of plywood in a truck ad would be accompanied by a lot of hard hats and grizzled beards no doubt.

IMG_20160902_154937.jpg

Last edited:
This is getting absolutely ridiculous. I want someone to explain to me how a functioning market can drop a single stock 1+% nearly every single day in the mid-morning. HOW!?!?!? In what rational world is this not flattened out by investors?

Whomever said the market was rational?

Status
Not open for further replies.