Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade In

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You never know. It might be worth something and could get it off of your hands at least.
Oh, it's definitely worth something. Just nowhere near what I have in it. :( I'd be taking a big loss if I traded it for a non-Perf, non-Sig 85 kWh Model S. But I'd accept that loss. Even though I really don't need a Model S. The Roadster is all the EV I need, and still feels like a new toy eleven months after I got it.

Oh, it's definitely worth something. Just nowhere near what I have in it. :( I'd be taking a big loss if I traded it for a non-Perf, non-Sig 85 kWh Model S. But I'd accept that loss. Even though I really don't need a Model S. The Roadster is all the EV I need, and still feels like a new toy eleven months after I got it.

The whole story with that conversion sounds frustrating and I'm amazed you've hung in there. If you have no hopes of getting the guy to fix it or no reasonable chance of getting your money back, it might be worth it to cut your losses. The performance Model S would be an adequate replacement for the Porsche I think and complete your Tesla family:smile:

I'm geting rid of a Jetta so much easier for me to say that your situation of course. I hope you can get it fixed somehow.

^ No, the Porsche is a beautiful car. The guy presently working on it hopes that for insignificant money he may be able to get it performing respectably with a 20 to 30 mile range, which would mean I could tool around the local area in it. But the Roadster is my daily driver and I don't need an S. Once I'm too stiff and arthritic to get in and out of it, I'll get whatever seems the most appropriate EV to replace it. With luck, that's a few years away, and there will be lots of choice, both from Tesla and others.

They haven't figured out how they will handle trade-ins. I didn't even ask since I didn't think they would. Looks like they are in discussions with a third party as mentioned above to handle the trade-ins for them but haven't announced anything yet.

They haven't figured out how they will handle trade-ins. I didn't even ask since I didn't think they would. Looks like they are in discussions with a third party as mentioned above to handle the trade-ins for them but haven't announced anything yet.

True, there hasn't been a formal announcement but, what I had posted earlier (post #13) was pretty far along?

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. They also told me something similar via e-mail but didn't tell me who they were working with. I guess they have to have everything nailed down by June 22nd.

As of today, I was told by my ownership experience rep that there is still not yet a partnership set up for handling trade ins. I truly hope that TM can get this together prior to the August/September deliveries. Given that I cannot lease the car (and I understand the TM position on this), I would very much like to reap the sales tax benefit of a direct trade in, not to mention avoiding the annoyance of having to sell my car on my own (which is actually of greater importance to me).