Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking short interest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fidelity:
Lend TSLA: N/A
Short TSLA: 1.25%, 1,131,534 shares available to short (up 90k since yesterday)

Lend SCTY: 19.0% (+1%)
Short SCTY: 33.0% (+5%), 0 shares available to short

Fidelity:
Lend TSLA: N/A
Short TSLA: 0.75% (from 1.25%), 1,089,395 shares available to short

Lend SCTY: 19.0%
Short SCTY: 33.0%, 0 shares available to short

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo and Rarity
Would be very interesting to see the SCTY and TSLA short numbers and interest % now.

image.png

• Informative
Reactions: Gerardf
Called by fidelity wanting to borrow shares. Offered 6%. Anybody getting more? Is there room to negotiate better rate? Would never had done this before but Musk trying to save scty investment, why shouldn't I look after my own interest
I wasn't called (I'm already signed up to loan out shares when they want them), but today I see Fidelity loaned out my TLSA shares, if only for 1.25%. I'm surprised they are offering you 6% when they are only charging shorts 6.5%.
Fidelity seems to give the same rates to everyone, although the adjustments may be a day or so apart. It should settle out in a day or so (it's never been clear to me exactly when they set/change the daily rate they pay me, as well as when they change the rate to short).

I don't think you can negotiate the rate, but it can't hurt to try. I feel like I get a fair rate from Fidelity - it's always been more than half of what they are charging the shorts, at least when the rates get > ~5%...

So the latest:
Fidelity:
Lend TSLA: 1.25% (from N/A)
Short TSLA: 6.5% (from 0.75%), 202,288 shares available to short

Lend SCTY: 20.25% (from 19%)
Short SCTY: 40.0% (from 33%), 0 shares available to short

• Informative
Reactions: Gerardf
I have noticed that they tend to update the SCTY lending rate in the morning and the TSLA lending rate in the afternoon (Eastern times). Maybe your 1.25% will turn into 6% this afternoon.

I have noticed that they tend to update the SCTY lending rate in the morning and the TSLA lending rate in the afternoon (Eastern times). Maybe your 1.25% will turn into 6% this afternoon.
Would be great - but I'm surprised they are offering 6% to lend and quoting 6.5% to short - that's not much of a spread...maybe Fidelity's head is also about to explode over this proposed TSLA-SCTY acquisition...

End-of-day update for you tea-leave readers:
Fidelity:
Lend TSLA: 1.25% (unchanged)
Short TSLA: 4% (from 6.5% earlier today), 97,165 shares available to short (from 202,288 earlier today)

Lend SCTY: 20.25%
Short SCTY: 40.0%, 0 shares available to short

End-of-day update for you tea-leave readers:
Fidelity:
Lend TSLA: 1.25% (unchanged)
Short TSLA: 4% (from 6.5% earlier today), 97,165 shares available to short (from 202,288 earlier today)

Lend SCTY: 20.25%

Interesting that Fidelity did not take my TSLA yet. They are giving me 20.5% for SCTY - are you sure you're getting a quarter point less?

Fidelity:
Lend TSLA: 1.25%
Short TSLA: 11% (from 4% yesterday), 602,914 shares available to short (from 97,165 yesterday)

Lend SCTY: 20.50%

Fidelity:
Lend TSLA: 2.0%
Short TSLA: 11%, 519,714 shares available to short

Lend SCTY: 22.75%