Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS ECU not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have since replaced all the wheels with new wheels and new 433 TPMS. 3 of them display pressures. Driver's rear does not. I swapped the front wheel with the back but the rear wheel will not read (front wheel reads properly. Could the ECU have gone bad or could it be blocked??? Nothing else was changed, just the wheels.

I have rebooted, hard rebooted, factory reset and learn new pressure several time but cannot get the driver's rear TPMS to read. This have been going on a few months and I'm tired of seeing the warning label. Tire shop states the sensor works fine. Thoughts, comments?

I put the old original sensor back in (5 weeks ago) and still nothing.

Made a service appointment for Thursday (at the new location here in St. Pete). Explained the situation and so far my bill is $184 and counting.

Does anybody know if there's one ECU per wheel or one for the car?

I put the old original sensor back in (5 weeks ago) and still nothing.

Made a service appointment for Thursday (at the new location here in St. Pete). Explained the situation and so far my bill is $184 and counting.

Does anybody know if there's one ECU per wheel or one for the car?
See attached - what you see in the US Parts Catalog and Service Manual.

Attachments

• Model 3 TPMS ECU 433 MHz 5.2.23 Parts Catalogue.pdf
    286.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Model 3 Module - TPMS (Remove and Replace).pdf
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: Dean P
Here's the update...wish I had better news.

They tried to sell me a TPMS (for the wheel). WTF!!! When I spoke with the service advisor, he knew exactly what I was talking about. I told them I only wanted to buy the TPMS module. Turns out they will not sell the module to a customer as this is a non sellable item. Tesla would have to diagnose the situation ($220) and if it is the module it would cost $65 plus installation ($shop rate). They stated "Chances are, it's the TMPS and not the module as they have never had one go bad". This would cost ($95 plus shop rate). Obviously, I frustrated as hell. Tesla does not work well with their customers unless you're willing to throw $$$ at the them. Be prepared...seems to be a common complaint.

Well, that sucks! I have an appointment in June to get it fixed but of course on their little invoice it says replace TPMS sensors in the wheel. I wrote them back and told them it's not the sensor but the module. I bet they will still try and replace the wheel sensor. Mine is still under warranty.

Well, that sucks! I have an appointment in June to get it fixed but of course on their little invoice it says replace TPMS sensors in the wheel. I wrote them back and told them it's not the sensor but the module. I bet they will still try and replace the wheel sensor. Mine is still under warranty.
You shouldn't have any thing to worry about as everything is covered. Can you let us know what they did to fix it?

UPDATE: I just got back from the SC and guess what. It was the TPMS sensors. I say sensors because multiple sensors in the wheels failed. They had to replace a total of 3 which was covered by warranty.Both front and in the driver side wheel. So, I was wrong about the module. But wasn't expecting multiple since it only showed the driver side rear fail in the car and app. Weird!

UPDATE: I just got back from the SC and guess what. It was the TPMS sensors. I say sensors because multiple sensors in the wheels failed. They had to replace a total of 3 which was covered by warranty.Both front and in the driver side wheel. So, I was wrong about the module. But wasn't expecting multiple since it only showed the driver side rear fail in the car and app. Weird!
Damn! I was hoping you were right! Maybe when I get some extra $$$ ill bring it in. Frustrating...

Thank you for letting us know.