Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2011 Roadster Sport
VIN:
5YJRE1A31B1001327
Mileage: 3,471
Price: $75,000 USD starting bid (with reserve)
1-owner Jet(?) Black 2.5 Sport in Gulf Breeze, FL up for auction on eBay. Black forged rims, paint armor, soft top, Exec Beige/Black int, infortainment pkg.

View attachment 534416

I can confirm this one is indeed Jet Black, and not Obsidian. What a stunning configuration...and don’t get me started on the house...

Reactions: drewski
5YJRE11B481000379 Is now showing for sale at a dealer Rancho Santa Fe. It was for sale in this thread a while ago in San Diego. Is there any information about it?

I bought my 673 from Rancho Sante Fe this past December. Both 379 and my 673 had been on the lot for awhile and the last time I was on Car Gurus site 379 was still there, haven't checked today. I was pretty lucky didn't realize when I purchased 673, but it had a re manufactured battery and PEM install 5 years ago. Dealer wasn't aware of this, found out from the previous owner whom provided me with 10 years of service records :).

Reactions: ra88it
I bought my 673 from Rancho Sante Fe this past December. Both 379 and my 673 had been on the lot for awhile and the last time I was on Car Gurus site 379 was still there, haven't checked today. I was pretty lucky didn't realize when I purchased 673, but it had a re manufactured battery and PEM install 5 years ago. Dealer wasn't aware of this, found out from the previous owner whom provided me with 10 years of service records :).

Should have gotten on CarGurus before I posted the above. Car is still there has been for 385 days, price has been dropped to $41,995 Thunder Gray with Dark Gray Interior, 53,712 miles

^^^ @TEG and @DeedWest when are you guys releasing a book on this classic roadster? I’m ready to pre-order a dozen copies for family and friends:)

Yeah, the amount of hours I put in over the years obsessively researching the Roadster was insane.
I didn't make any money off of that.
I did, however, get to meet Tesla's (original) Founder, drive his Roadster, and got many generous offers from other Roadster owners to borrow their cars on numerous occasions which was truly awesome and made it all worthwhile.
I scored a few early factory and HQ tours out of that fanaticism as well which are priceless memories now.

I am so busy at work these days (COVID has increased my day job business substantially) that I can't contemplate any side thing like a book right now.

Yeah, the amount of hours I put in over the years obsessively researching the Roadster was insane.
I did, however, get to meet Tesla's (original) Founder, drive his Roadster, and got many generous offers from other Roadster owners to borrow their cars on numerous occasions which was truly awesome and made it all worthwhile.
I scored a few early factory and HQ tours out of that fanaticism as well which are priceless memories now.

I am so busy at work these days (COVID has increased my day job business substantially) that I can't contemplate any side thing like a book right now.
Thanks for sharing your roadster knowledge with this great community.

As I've suggested before (years ago), all Roadster owners, past and present, should start a fund to buy @TEG an honorary Roadster. Tesla needs to pitch in too. I hope that some day, some how he makes a lot of money from the data he has collected.

As I've suggested before (years ago), all Roadster owners, past and present, should start a fund to buy @TEG an honorary Roadster. Tesla needs to pitch in too. I hope that some day, some how he makes a lot of money from the data he has collected.

It blew my mind that he's the most knowledgeable Roadster historian and doesn't own one! Definitely agree with the honorary Roadster.

Reactions: RobsJester
2008 Tesla Roadster
VIN:
Mileage: 37,500
Price: $50,000 USD
Thunder Gray 1.5 for sale in Bend, OR. Silver forged rims, premium(?) beige interior, infotainment pkg(?), "freshly refurbished" ESS by Medlock & Sons.

00f0f_3ZrxCh7dOKX_1200x900.jpg

Attachments

• 01212_4M4qv0i37tP_1200x900.jpg
    01212_4M4qv0i37tP_1200x900.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 00M0M_fWDODC7liFz_1200x900.jpg
    00M0M_fWDODC7liFz_1200x900.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 01111_cByTZ582QnS_1200x900.jpg
    01111_cByTZ582QnS_1200x900.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 00Z0Z_5PXhf12VX2r_1200x900.jpg