Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P281:
P0281-5YJRE11B981000281-CA-pvev-2.jpg

P0281-5YJRE11B981000281-IN-NY.jpg

Hard for me to know for sure. As DeedWest pointed out, #300 is a special "metallic racing green".

I just went through my picture archive, and looked for ones that were NOT:
Signature Green, or
Lightning Green, or
Insane Green.

I think most of those pictures are what Tesla offered as "Racing Green", which Lotus called "British Racing Green".
It is confusing because the "Signature Green" Tesla offered is what Lotus called just "Racing Green".

I don't have any paint code info for any of those cars. The pictures just look to me like something close to "British Racing Green" (AKA Tesla Racing Green.)

That Roadster #206 advert that started this discussion claims it is the only Roadster in "Lotus Racing Green", which is unclear because Lotus offered two "Racing Green" colors:
Racing Green (dark metallic which Tesla temporarily sold as "Signature Green" and #206 looks lighter)
British Racing Green (non-metallic lighter, but still dark green, as seen in many of the pictures above.)

I think it is up to the viewers here to decide for themselves if any of these others roadsters look like they might have the same paint as #206.

Also, note, over time the Roadster paints colors seemed to vary slightly. Perhaps adjustments in paint formulations, or how they ran the paint booths. But you can see some subtle differences over time.

Last edited:
@TEG, thanks for all the great pics of green roadsters, very cool to see. Those all look like Tesla Racing Green to me, save for #300 and the Sig Green you just posted.

I was diving into Sig Green topics a few weeks ago and discovered this thread matching Tesla and Lotus paint codes from @sethr:
Roadster paint colors

Based on this, Tesla Signature Green is apparently Lotus Empire Green with color code B16. Tesla Racing Green is (as expected) Lotus British Racing Green, with color code C04.

In spending way too much time websurfing, I came across several color codes for Lotus that they have called "Racing Green" over the years, including B29, B86, and B119. At least one was metallic.

Bottom line: I think orphan #206 is indeed a custom color Tesla, as a metallic green that is lighter than Tesla Signature Green. It could be a Lotus Racing Green. I can't tell if #206 different from #300 in your pics, but it might be.