Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Member Spots Tesla Model Y in the Wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like that one made its way East. Spotted in Columbus Ohio.
View attachment 468649
Looks really good in black! Now I'm questioning if I want to go with the stock pearl white, or get black. My last one was black and always looked dirty, but this looks good!
Also, how is it that it drove around 2400 miles and we don't have any other pics of this thing? Surely someone would have seen it at a supercharger between here and there...right?

Another Y spotted in Tooele UT tonight. They are all over!

Attachments

• AC7AF07A-03E7-4582-9913-BFBD046DF0D0.png
    AC7AF07A-03E7-4582-9913-BFBD046DF0D0.png
    982.1 KB · Views: 295
Anyone else think that the sales are being sandbagged a bit and we will see them even earlier than Elon has said? I don't expect a huge rollout, but I do expect to see some hitting the streets around March or April. This would be the first time in Elon history to under promise and over deliver with a time frame! :p

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Anyone else think that the sales are being sandbagged a bit and we will see them even earlier than Elon has said? I don't expect a huge rollout, but I do expect to see some hitting the streets around March or April. This would be the first time in Elon history to under promise and over deliver with a time frame! :p

I am fully anticipating it.
They basically learnt a lot from the M.3 development & deployment.
And even optimized the manufacturing & packaging even more from what we've been able to glean.

Elon's' cars might not be for every car enthusiasts but the genius is in its simplicity & delivering the goods just like another silicon valley company called APPL.

Reactions: camthehombre

This pic seems to give a good idea of the lack of ground clearance on the Y compared to the popular CUV's. The CRV has a little over 8" (208mm) Specifications | 2019 CR-V | Honda Canada If memory serves, the Model 3 Performance is 0.5" lower than the standard/long range, so I assume the Y Performance seen here would be a bit lower than the non-performance models. From this pic I'd guess the standard and long range Y will have under 6" (152mm) clearance. The Honda HRV has 6.69" (170mm) and I'd guess the Y would be closer in overall dimensions to that (apart from being considerably longer), when looking at it here side by side with a CRV.

• Informative
Reactions: VQTRVA and Watts_Up
This pic seems to give a good idea of the lack of ground clearance on the Y compared to the popular CUV's. The CRV has a little over 8" (208mm) Specifications | 2019 CR-V | Honda Canada If memory serves, the Model 3 Performance is 0.5" lower than the standard/long range, so I assume the Y Performance seen here would be a bit lower than the non-performance models. From this pic I'd guess the standard and long range Y will have under 6" (152mm) clearance. The Honda HRV has 6.69" (170mm) and I'd guess the Y would be closer in overall dimensions to that (apart from being considerably longer), when looking at it here side by side with a CRV.

I am assuming about 6" clearance for the Model Y. It should be higher than the Model 3's standard 5.5" clearance. For reference, the ground clearance for EV competitors (Model 3 or Y) are not too high:

5.6" = Jaguar I-PACE
6.9" = Audi e-tron
5.1" = Mercedes Benz EQC
6.0" = Chevy Bolt EV
6.2" = Hyundai Kona EV
6.1" = Kia Niro EV
5.9" = Nissan Leaf+