Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tips on how to get past Tesla Tier 1 support (Inverter issue)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm fed up, multiple calls, multiple disconnects while on hold with Tesla or being transferred, two days on the phone and zero results.

Overnight my inverter started this peaking issue, shown below in the pic and my output dropped 30%. This is totally separate from normal seasonal waning. I can not get a Tier 1 tech off script long enough to listen (I've heard every stupid line they have). Really losing my damn mind, open to any tips.

Solar.jpg

Deep breath. Keep calling. If you get someone who doesn't solve the problem, be polite, and when that call is done, call back.

Something is wrong, and you are right to keep calling them back.

There is no route to Tier 2 for the hoi polloi that I know of, including for the Tier 1 folks, who have to message Tier 2.

All the best,

BG

Deep breath. Keep calling. If you get someone who doesn't solve the problem, be polite, and when that call is done, call back.

Something is wrong, and you are right to keep calling them back.

There is no route to Tier 2 for the hoi polloi that I know of, including for the Tier 1 folks, who have to message Tier 2.

All the best,

BG
Thanks!

Customer support should not require this much effort from the customer.

I'm fed up, multiple calls, multiple disconnects while on hold with Tesla or being transferred, two days on the phone and zero results.

Overnight my inverter started this peaking issue, shown below in the pic and my output dropped 30%. This is totally separate from normal seasonal waning. I can not get a Tier 1 tech off script long enough to listen (I've heard every stupid line they have). Really losing my damn mind, open to any tips.

View attachment 897252
I was told installers can get directly to level 2, not a home owner.

View attachment 897252
You appear to be correct that something is wrong, but I cannot say what the issue is.

Keep trying and be patiently persistent, there is something wrong here. As others have pointed out this is where Tesla does not do very well and customer service will continue to not be a priority until it affects sales to a negative point.

Just wild speculation but it looks like the inverter is dropping out. One reason for this grid voltage going out of spec. It's very difficult to get Tesla's attention on a problem like this. I had an inverter that does this and the only time I've been successful in getting a follow up on a ticket was when the down for long enough to be visible to them. I was lucky enough that I had another PV system so I can see it wasn't something like clouds (because the other inverters showed normal operation). My troublesome inverter is Xantrex inverter with a local display so I can see things status (voltages). A few times I could see the inverter had disconnected was reconnecting. We never resolved the issue. It seems to only happen in the summer and doesn't affect my production materially.

I don't remember if the status lights on the Tesla solar inverters are enough to tell if it encountered errors. That would give you something to ask support to look into. Asking them to look into "under production" is practically like pissing in the wind.

i only use the "powerwall" support guys now on the chat function. They are the only ones with half a brain. I had one of the worst customer service responses in my entire life using their first level of support. A dude named Emmanuel was legitimately the first person ive ever wanted to get fired for doing such a piss poor job. My neurio was broken / beeping and not charging batteries and he refused to do a single thing for me and then threatened me that my warranty was void cause I moved some things around. Then disconnected chat. Waited the next day , got powerwall support instead and they actually fixed the issue. Avoid those guys like the plague.

• Informative
Reactions: cali8484