Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time for Update after Email Configuration Change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received and filled out the template that was sent to me by the Tesla Customer Service Rep on July 26. When I called them on Tuesday (July 31) to get a confirmation, they confirmed that they received the request and that the computer updating people are bogged down so that it might take a while. As of today, It is still not updated in my account.

I am wondering, for those who have changed their configuration, how long it took for your account to be updated?

Thanks.

6/27 Ordered, 5:30 pm
7/19 Confirmed all details on website.
7/24 7:30 am. Ordered white seats & Vegan steering wheel.
7/27 am called. Confirmed changes are waiting to be put in system.
8/3 Tesla account doesn't show any changes yet.

Hmm... So you seem to be in the same boat, I wonder when they'll get to it. I just hope that they don't apply the price increases to me, I imagine that I'll have a good case to argue against it though.

Two different employees at Tesla's 888 number told me they take up to 5 days to process. I changed my paint color on my AWD non P from Obsidian Black to Black via email on July 30th. It has been 5 days (4 Business days) and it hasn't been processed yet. To make it worse, I then updated via email again on Aug 2nd to add full self driving. I'm crossing my fingers I don't have any problems with massive delays getting my car now or having my price change (except saving money from getting the cheaper black color). They weren't able to give me any information on the phone regarding wait time changes.

Two different employees at Tesla's 888 number told me they take up to 5 days to process. I changed my paint color on my AWD non P from Obsidian Black to Black via email on July 30th. It has been 5 days (4 Business days) and it hasn't been processed yet. To make it worse, I then updated via email again on Aug 2nd to add full self driving. I'm crossing my fingers I don't have any problems with massive delays getting my car now or having my price change (except saving money from getting the cheaper black color). They weren't able to give me any information on the phone regarding wait time changes.

Hmm... I might give them a call later. I'll update here if anything new comes up. Thanks for sharing.

Did you email requests for changes because your edit button went away on the web? So you never got email confirmation "Confirming your Model 3 update" with a new order agreement?

I called them to have my request processed because I was getting the "Service Temporarily Unavailable" page. I did not have an edit button at the time, so unfortunately I did not receive a confirmation email.

I went in to the Rocklin, CA showroom and asked to have seats changed to White seats on July 28, because I no longer had the EDIT button. They submitted change request, which then goes to "administration?" I believe they said. On Thursday, August 2, I called the 888 number and after a long hold, was told that they see the request for the change and it's waiting to be processed (whatever that means), but at least they gave me a Case Number. As of today, still nothing changed. Here's hoping that @adys123 info of 7-10 business days is accurate - which would mean I should have the change by about mid-week... Will post an update when I have one.

I went in to the Rocklin, CA showroom and asked to have seats changed to White seats on July 28, because I no longer had the EDIT button. They submitted change request, which then goes to "administration?" I believe they said. On Thursday, August 2, I called the 888 number and after a long hold, was told that they see the request for the change and it's waiting to be processed (whatever that means), but at least they gave me a Case Number. As of today, still nothing changed. Here's hoping that @adys123 info of 7-10 business days is accurate - which would mean I should have the change by about mid-week... Will post an update when I have one.

Thanks for sharing your experience, I look forward to hearing about your experience, I'll post something if anything changes for me.