Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ticketed for parking Roadster in alternative-fuel area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ticketed again. Even with an 8 1/2 X 11 sign indicating the car is electric. I feel like going and parking every day and contesting every ticket until they get pissed off enough to fix their @#$! :cursing: I need to find someone @ massport I can talk to ... sigh

wow. That is just wrong.

Is it possible that it's a passive-aggressive move by the person who wrote the ticket? They may not like EVs ...

I'm pretty sure I"m going to get one of those. I'd bet money they'd still ticket me though. A picture of that plate is what consumed most of that 8.5x11 note I left on my car.

That is just nuts. Have you talked with the supervisor there? Your car is fairly unique. It shouldn't be hard for that supervisor to educate his staff about one particular orange Roadster.

That is just nuts. Have you talked with the supervisor there? Your car is fairly unique. It shouldn't be hard for that supervisor to educate his staff about one particular orange Roadster.

Not yet. I talked to the person who dismissed the original ticket, and asked about preventing it in the future. She wasn't sure so checked and called back, to report no one had any ideas what to do. I explicitly asked what to do in the future and she said to keep contesting the tickets.

I'll figure it out ... Just irritating in the meantime. And given the lack of a federal standard (that she, I, or Tesla has been able to find), this may become more common ...

Not yet. I talked to the person who dismissed the original ticket, and asked about preventing it in the future. She wasn't sure so checked and called back, to report no one had any ideas what to do. I explicitly asked what to do in the future and she said to keep contesting the tickets.

I'll figure it out ... Just irritating in the meantime. And given the lack of a federal standard (that she, I, or Tesla has been able to find), this may become more common ...

Does it cost you anything (well, time yes, but also money) to contest?

I still think it's likely a case of a ticket writer who hates EVs. They're making a political statement. If the tickets were written by the same person, it needs to be escalated to a supervisor. First time, it's easy to see a mistake could be made. But twice, with a easy-to-see sign? No. They saw it. And they wrote a ticket anyway, knowing the driver would be inconvenienced.

I'm pretty sure I"m going to get one of those. I'd bet money they'd still ticket me though. A picture of that plate is what consumed most of that 8.5x11 note I left on my car.
If the officer had to write that the license # was EV0004, surrounded by the words "Electric Vehicle", even our brilliant civil servants might figure out that s/he's dealing with an Electric Vehicle.