Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Throttle pedal temporary fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s funny to see how many people have no idea how rivets work.

I work on all sorts of cars and other hands-on hobbies, and while I have a rivet tool, I almost never use it, so it's no surprise people don't know much about how rivets work. They are a pain in the butt because you have to drill them out to remove them. It's annoying when you come across something riveted that you need to repair.

My service center said that the centers that didn't get the 3d printed jigs are getting a few pedals in the mean time. It makes absolutely no sense. My buyer for my Model X is flying in from Iowa and I may be carless. My truck has been sitting in the lot since the 15th.

Tesla has done this to countless customers over the years. It doesn't make it right, but it means you don't have any recourse. You'll probably need to get your own rental, if you can't borrow a car. Tesla won't give you one.

My service center said that the centers that didn't get the 3d printed jigs are getting a few pedals in the mean time. It makes absolutely no sense. My buyer for my Model X is flying in from Iowa and I may be carless. My truck has been sitting in the lot since the 15th.
Don't count your chickens before the eggs are hatched.

I guess you need to be finding a rental.

Tesla has done this to countless customers over the years. It doesn't make it right, but it means you don't have any recourse. You'll probably need to get your own rental, if you can't borrow a car. Tesla won't give you one.

My Service Center has been great, the few times that I've had to go.

Mobile Service has been just awesome!

All great people, knowing what they are doing.

Reactions: Yelobird and vcor
My Service Center has been great, the few times that I've had to go.

Mobile Service has been just awesome!

All great people, knowing what they are doing.

Too bad a company with no independent dealerships has even worse inconsistency of service quality between their own service centers. Don't move to Houston, or any of the many other cities where the SC's suck.

Is Tesla making the replacement Pedals in house?
No. The new pedals have the rivet pre-installed from the manufacturer.

I can’t get an estimated date on when this part is coming in, if it ever does. I just want to take delivery of my ****ing Cybertruck. I am ashamed for defending this company for so many years. The Tesla phone number doesn’t even work, it just says try again later.

Too bad a company with no independent dealerships has even worse inconsistency of service quality between their own service centers. Don't move to Houston, or any of the many other cities where the SC's suck.
I dare say that if I could poll the Houston customers, that 90% would say that they received exceptional service.

There just always seem to be some customers that can't be pleased.

Reactions: Yelobird
I dare say that if I could poll the Houston customers, that 90% would say that they received exceptional service.

There just always seem to be some customers that can't be pleased.

Thanks for your attempt at gaslighting me. That stupid saying that you can't please everyone has to be the dumbest way to apologize for Tesla's poor customer service culture.

Obviously, it depends on what you need from the Service Center as to whether you have a good chance of getting "exceptional service." I don't go into the service center because my tires need air, like you probably would.

The bottom line is Tesla has some of the worst customer service satisfaction in the industry, and whataboutism isn't going to change that.

Reactions: anthonyj
Thanks for your attempt at gaslighting me. That stupid saying that you can't please everyone has to be the dumbest way to apologize for Tesla's poor customer service culture.

Obviously, it depends on what you need from the Service Center as to whether you have a good chance of getting "exceptional service." I don't go into the service center because my tires need air, like you probably would.

The bottom line is Tesla has some of the worst customer service satisfaction in the industry, and whataboutism isn't going to change that.

And yet every survey I found says the opposite of your view. Based on your view could it be a you problem? I personally have always had amazing service from both model service and SC offices.

IMG_0639.png

Reactions: ewoodrick