Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking about getting white seats??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's exactly my concern. Got a lot of warnings from my friends that the seat might turn gray in one year, and the ventilation holes in the seat will trap dirt and looks bad...
I don't know what experience your friends have regarding car seats. We have had ventilated seats in our ICE cars even when our kids were younger. We did several road trips and we never had problems with the holes plugging up. Simple vacuuming works just fine.

We also did a 7day road trip recently with our Shadow Trooper (black outside/white inside) and a wipe with a moist napkin does the trick. The seats are super comfortable and don't heat up in the sun like our leather seats in the S do.

Good to know, i have similar age kids and situation. but the most important piece of information is how often are you wiping down the seats and do you use anything special when doing so.
Im not a fastidious cleaner but i do have a no eating or drinking (other than water) rule in my cars, i do wipe obvious dirt/mud etc immediately but otherwise if its normal daily use it gets a clean down once a month.
Am i deluded.
? Will i need to develop better cleaning habits for my white seats to survive?

I also wonder how the white seats are holding up under wet conditions (e.g. wet weather, sweats, rain, etc..). In my MS after 20,000km, the tan leather has already got some blue and grey stains in areas where my jeans rub against most.