Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tale of 2 Teslas....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you sat in both cars? The seats we vastly improved somewhere around VIN 40k, if the 2nd car has the new seats I'd get that one in a heartbeat. VIN41XXX is to early for AP.

CPO warranty would be worth alot to me, the extended warranty with its deductible and exclusions sucks.

Reactions: Fiver
OK.. so i have the car at my house now...
Its stunningly immaculate... not a flaw on the paint, or the interior.
There is some scratches on the rear driver rim, but nothing awful.
The interior is brand new.

It also has dual chargers, and premium sound, that are not listed on the site. so theres additional freebies :)

I asked the dealer if i could take it to a service center after purchase and return it if it found any glaring issues, and that may be an option.
Its the cream leather, there is no synthetic, its again, how they list it on their site... its bad.

and the seats in this one are great.. it appears as though the older model seats sag the leather a bit more, and its looser... the white one (non cpo) appears new and better).

ok.. this dealer car is officially dead... as of a month ago apparently they changed the wording (although its not everywhere yet) that you cant extend warranty if bought from a dealer, as someone mentioned.. even though the site doesnt specifically state that exactly.

whoa.. hold the phone... in typical Store/Corporate communication there may be a chance...
So I just heard from the Dealer and he said the owner called the store closest to us, and they informed him that once I become the owner, I can then purchase the extended warranty.
So now we have two different stories..
I told them to call corporate, get it IN WRITING, before ill consider anything else.
Motivated sellers make me happy haha

Can anyone possibly explain how the communication can be 100% different from different depts within tesla?
So i just emailed the service and support division last night, and got the response that NOPE< NO WAY can you transfer a warranty once its been through a dealer.
Yet 2 different service centers looked up the vin and said, 100% YES you can.
How the hell am I supposed to be able to make an informed decision when this is how its communicated.

Can anyone possibly explain how the communication can be 100% different from different depts within tesla?
So i just emailed the service and support division last night, and got the response that NOPE< NO WAY can you transfer a warranty once its been through a dealer.
Yet 2 different service centers looked up the vin and said, 100% YES you can.
How the hell am I supposed to be able to make an informed decision when this is how its communicated.

Welcome to Tesla. This is their "communication." Once you buy it you'll rely solely on Tweets to know what is going on. Its shameful.