Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The LA Sales & Service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's twitter page says there should be an opening party/ceremony today, so I suppose that means it's open for us non-VIP tomorrow. But you can always call and ask Tesla, they should know, instead of my theories :)

Cobos

It just so happens that I am leaving for LA tomorrow. I have a couple of days out there so... I figure I will go by to see the place whether it is open or not. This would be my first opportunity to see one in person.

2457723715_e7617a8f95.jpg

2458756906_e7f87b735e.jpg

2457949681_971e03b5b7.jpg

2458756908_7311d8a777.jpg

Last edited:
The American Lung Association just released the latest pollution rankings, and once again, the Los Angeles metro area was rated the #1 worse air pollution in the US.

Also this week, Tesla opens a showroom for their pollution-free electric car in, where else? L. A.

Perfect timing, absolutely perfect.

I must admit I am a little disenfranchised after going to the open house today. I am very surprised that the event was not promoted a little better. I did receive an invitation just a memo on where to park. I did not even know that there was a guest list. Just seems like there were a few steps skipped in the whole process. The event seemed well attended so maybe I just missed a memo.

As for the car itself. This is my first time to see it in person. The exterior of the car is great, better than the pictures show. The interior is just OK. I understand the mission of the car so I am not looking for luxury appointments or anything. It just needs some help, it has to much plastic to go with all the carbon fiber on the outside.

As for the showroom, looked nice. Very open layout. They did have 5 cars there including one production model. One of the things I found most interesting is that the car's VIN ended in 00003 but they referred to it as production model number #2. When asked why this was the case you got a blank stare for a moment and then a canned explanation that they are in the order of production and this one came through before the other and so the numbers are in order like that... Of course this made no sense whatsoever. Let the conspiracy theories continue. Where is the grey and orange number 2 that we all know exists? The gentleman also told us that the car belongs to someone from eBay.

When I arrived at the front door I was asked my last name and told that there were refreshments available. That was the last time I was approached while there. I did not get a very welcoming feel from the staff. Guess maybe I did not fit the profile. I would think that the names on the list would at least be those of us on the wait list. I guess $5k is not enough to get noticed. Having come all the way out from Illinois to see the place I just did not feel like I was encouraged to be a part of the event. Just that I was allowed to attend. Someone needs to give Apple a call and talk about customer relations at the company store.

The way I see it this is a very new company and they need to be proving themselves every day. I need to make my decision about my wait list status in the next couple on weeks. I had hoped this trip would seal the deal. No one even approached me to have the opportunity for this to happen.

As for the showroom, looked nice. Very open layout. They did have 5 cars there including one production model.

Anyone know which specific cars were/are at the LA location? I think the red car is VP17 and the dark blue is EP6. We've already heard VIN3/P2 was there. What does it look like? Any word on the other cars? :)

Last edited: