Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

testing the camera position

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK there is a new camera position.
On the good side: There are no stickers visible
On the bad side: The rear view mirror is annoying ( but may be you fancy looking at my eyes ). I'm fighting with Youtube to post it in higher quality

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you miss the ability to flip up the mirror at night (to reduce glare from headlights) with the micro mirror?

I did at first, but quickly found a trivial solution. Put some a light window tint film on it. (I say light because you get double the effect because the light goes through twice.)

It's just fine during the day, lots of light, and there is no issue with glare at night.

Do you miss the ability to flip up the mirror at night (to reduce glare from headlights) with the micro mirror?

I'm lazier than Doug. I find that when I have an annoying headlight in the rear view mirror, I lean forward. It's easier than getting tint film and applying it to the mirror. I found that solution is even better than the flip lever on the OEM mirror, because I was too lazy (forgot) to flip it back when I was done. With my solution, the mirror always stays pointed in the right direction every time I get in the car.

I'm lazier than Doug. I find that when I have an annoying headlight in the rear view mirror, I lean forward. It's easier than getting tint film and applying it to the mirror. I found that solution is even better than the flip lever on the OEM mirror, because I was too lazy (forgot) to flip it back when I was done. With my solution, the mirror always stays pointed in the right direction every time I get in the car.

At first I used the "lean method", but stopped doing that after I had hurt my back. No, I didn't hurt it getting into the car... but it made leaning forward uncomfortable.

You certainly don't want to be moving the mirror around; the MicroMirror needs to be set "just so" in order to see properly.

I'd still recommend the window tint method. Personally I think they should use tinted glass in the MicroMirror.

hmmmmm Then it does not seem to correspond with the one in Mitrovic's car. At least the micro mirror I bought from scector111 was a bit oval in shape.......and the one on Mitrovic's video seems to be more square and standard looking....?!

/felix b.

Correct, that is the standard mirror.
the mirror did not disturb me so far, sp allthough the micro mirror looks very interesting, I don't think that I will change it only because of the camera.

B.t.w. the video got some attention over at the friends at the AMOC forum.
Likes and dislikes.

I stretch (expand) my spine upward. Moves the glare below my eyes and does not hurt the back.

The "Micro Mirror" comment was also a link The new forum has a problem where you can't see link color unless there are other words around them. Can we change the link color?