Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test drove a 3. No Good.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm 6'4" and I have no issues entering and exiting even without the easy entry feature. I'm fairly skinny though, and my body is still mostly functional. I have some weird knee issue that I don't know what's going on with it, but aside from that I'm pretty solid physically.

With that being said I do get the attraction to SUV's, and crossovers.

Heck I'm having a hard time letting go of my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited because it's just so easy. With the Model 3 I have to be careful of where I drive, and other cars. It's also down low so you don't get the same visibility. I also got the white interior so I have to basically wear gloves, and synthetic pants to drive it. :)

With the Jeep I can see everything including behind me, wear dirty pants, and I can run things over. The entry/exit is also easier, but that is less important to me.

Tesla probably won't make anything like a Jeep Wrangler for awhile so I got the 3.

My mom (who has a lot of physical disabilities due to MS) can get in the 3 much easier than the Jeep. With the Jeep she has to step up into it which is a major challenge. I imagine the Y would be the perfect mid point for people physically challenged.

I'm hoping the Y will be a Subaru killer. They would sell like hot cakes in the PNW.

Last edited:
At 6'2", the 3 is just acceptable for me. I've had worse experiences, including the S which I absolutely hated. The B pillar and roof height on the S made it a real pain. For me, the 3 really isn't much worse than other sedans, but a crossover for ingress/egress would be preferable. So, I eagerly await the Y and hope it's about the size and floor height of a Nissan Rogue. I'll be handing down the 3 to my 5'2" wife if I can convince her to drive it - she's a technophobe.

What I don't understand is why, with only a handful of posts under your belt, you'd title your thread the way did.

You love the car but... "No Good", really! Maybe you should have titled it "Test drove a 3 and it was awesome" and then explained why you might be a little tall and it's a little awkward for you and how you'd much prefer an X but don't have the means.

I'm 6'7" and that's why I've got an X instead of an S. I fit in an S and enjoy driving it and it's a little hard to enter and exit but I don't say it's no good, it's just that I'm a giant freak. Not the cars fault.
No, Im good with the way I posted it. :)

The easy entry function may help. I will go back and explore that with a sales rep. I am 6'3 and 250 with 35 inseam. I would think that is not particularly odd when it comes to car production. I am looking at used X as well but I like new. I love to eat the depreciation! lol