Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaTracks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello again everyone! I'm excited to show off even more designs we have for you - this one is very exciting as it adds a new level of interaction to your car - you will be able to control your car from the profile page (which if you're currently using the app, is getting a redesign).

Here's the car control page:
Profile Car Locked2x.png

And the redesigned statistics page:

Profile Stats2x.png

And the new Trip History page:

Profile Trips2x.png

Let me know if you have any thoughts or feedback!

Reactions: Paul Carter
You use the same login credentials you use when using the core Tesla app.
Clearly, but that's not what I meant. Does the app store and use our password? If so, is the password stored locally or remotely? Or do we use the password to gain the token and provide the token to the app in place of the password? Or does the app do that for us so they don't have to keep the password?

There's a lot of possibilities. I was just asking how they handle it.

Same here.... I signed-up on October 27th, but haven't received any info on how to obtain the app.
Hi Guys,

The app is still in private beta. We will be sending another list of invites out likely tomorrow or early next week, everyone here will be included. If you have friends with Tesla's it makes it fun. Feel free to pass along the signup link so we can invite them too.

• Informative
Reactions: JohnnyG
Clearly, but that's not what I meant. Does the app store and use our password? If so, is the password stored locally or remotely? Or do we use the password to gain the token and provide the token to the app in place of the password? Or does the app do that for us so they don't have to keep the password?

There's a lot of possibilities. I was just asking how they handle it.

When you first log into the app you do enter in your tesla user/pass into the system, at which point we get a token from the tesla servers (or not.) This is all that is stored, and we don't have your password after that. We store the token on the phone and also the server to do tracking. Originally I was just pulling data from the phone (to tesla directly), but we weren't really able to get reliable efficiency data even on highways, since the cell network is crummy.

I would love to have tesla implement the "other" half of oauth so that we could avoid passwords all together, but nothing yet.

If you don't like the app, you can just uninstall and we won't track anything more after the current "trip" is over. In order to revoke any access that we have, you can go to tesla.com and change your password, which will invalidate any tokens that are out there for any app.

Let me know if there's anything more specific I can answer.

When you first log into the app you do enter in your tesla user/pass into the system, at which point we get a token from the tesla servers (or not.) This is all that is stored, and we don't have your password after that. We store the token on the phone and also the server to do tracking. Originally I was just pulling data from the phone (to tesla directly), but we weren't really able to get reliable efficiency data even on highways, since the cell network is crummy.

I would love to have tesla implement the "other" half of oauth so that we could avoid passwords all together, but nothing yet.

If you don't like the app, you can just uninstall and we won't track anything more after the current "trip" is over. In order to revoke any access that we have, you can go to tesla.com and change your password, which will invalidate any tokens that are out there for any app.

Let me know if there's anything more specific I can answer.
Nope, that's exactly what I was after. Thanks!

Reactions: bschippers718
Hi everyone. We have a huge build coming very soon, over the next few days. Keep an eye out for the email. We are just finalizing testing out controls for your car - unlock etc. We think you're going to love this app.

I've also included two new screens. The first is the new trip details card view. The second is phantom drain.

IMG_4167.PNG.png
IMG_4168.PNG.png

Hi all. We're starting to send the new beta build out, you should begin seeing them today if not already. Please post feedback here. We're working hard to continue fine tuning the app.

Also, if you have friends or colleagues with tesla's please have them sign up here. We are looking specifically for people who know others with Teslas.

Thanks all.

I downloaded the app last night. Even before driving this morning there was a trip logged for 2.5 hrs and supposedly 0.83 mi at 533AM today. I then drove 0.5 mi yet there are multiple extra trips logged for no apparent reason that I didn't drive, and I assume perhaps reflect time charging? I would think Trips in the app would only reflect actual driving time and not charging time?