Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Supercharger recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get what you're after, but every engineering minute spent providing drivers superfluous information that doesnt do anything but allow a few owners to geek out is a minute lost developing things that are actually useful to all drivers.

Following that logic both displays in the Model S are totally over-engineered then :) Tons of totally geek-only information there. There are situations where you might not want the fastest, but the slowest stall. When on long road trips we sometimes stopped to get a real meal that takes longer than 20 min. In those cases I would want to pick the slower spot leaving the faster one open for others.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the rush? 5 minutes makes a difference? Really? And when you get caught in traffic, what? And then you meet an old friend at the store and stop to talk. I don't believe it. Life's too short.

I totally get it. For the most part I see it the same way. But when on long road trips, it does add up. I have been on several 1000-2000 mile road trips and after a while every minute gets more painful. Are 20 minutes rerally life changing? Totally not, I agree, but when you have been in the car for 20 hours every minute feels painful to many people. But what makes it even more painful is knowing there could be another stall that would save you 20 minutes. Nothing feels more frustrating having missed a better alternative. I think that's why a simple way to tell people where they get a faster charge is good!