Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas stupid decision regarding referrals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since i got my P3d i have been demoing it to friends and family, essentially selling the car to them. Finally one of my friends decided they were going to buy a P3D identically configured to mine. I looked in my account and my app to find a referral code to give to my friend but could not find it. Called Tesla and apparently because i picked up the car march and the referral program was not active i cannot refer anyone. Supposedly because i got a "special" price. Tesla sales people are clueless, i actually paid 2k MORE for the exact same spec car. I am not complaining about the price because i understand price increase or decreases. What blows me away is their policy on the referrals. Honestly i dont care about the supercharger miles either, its worth no more than 50 - 75 bux max. To prevent your customers from referring you is just stupid and bad business. CAR is amazing, business practices are dumb. my 2 C

Harry

I feel the same way, I love the car and completely hate the company itself, causes a lot of confusion with people. I have a crap ton of complaints and everyone always asks why I bothered buying a Tesla if I hate it so much. It's not that I hate the car, I hate Tesla as a company. I just want the car I bought with the ability to buy the parts and service I need.

Ever since i got my P3d i have been demoing it to friends and family, essentially selling the car to them. Finally one of my friends decided they were going to buy a P3D identically configured to mine. I looked in my account and my app to find a referral code to give to my friend but could not find it. Called Tesla and apparently because i picked up the car march and the referral program was not active i cannot refer anyone. Supposedly because i got a "special" price. Tesla sales people are clueless, i actually paid 2k MORE for the exact same spec car. I am not complaining about the price because i understand price increase or decreases. What blows me away is their policy on the referrals. Honestly i dont care about the supercharger miles either, its worth no more than 50 - 75 bux max. To prevent your customers from referring you is just stupid and bad business. CAR is amazing, business practices are dumb. my 2 C

Harry
You don't have a referral code in your loot box in the app??

Reactions: preilly44
You can submit a request and they will activate your referral code. I transferred ownership of one of my cars and the new owner didn't get a referral code right away. Once a request was submitted, it took about two weeks before the referral code was activated.