Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip 2016 - "The Future Meets the Past" - May 14-15th - Williamsburg VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LetsGoFast, are you a W&M grad? If so, Go Tribe! ;)

Alas, that was where my lovely bride went to school. I just hung out with the drinkers and wrote snarky stuff for the paper.

I'll be there along with Watts-Up. Together we'll do demos and installations of the new billet aluminum Gen II lighted applique. By then we should have a version for the Model X as well.

I'd love to get one if I could get someone smart like you guys to do the install. I'd happily pay extra as penance for being lazy and incompetent.

LETSGOFAST

I have not painted a gray appliqué, you may want to give Rick a heads up on your color. Next set of appliqués are due mid March Right now the most ordered colors are
RED, WHITE, GREEN,BLACK and the new BLUE. We will do a number of installs at Road Trip 2016.

All -

Remembering @TeslaRoadTrip past events...... Thanks to John Davis for taking the 2014 and 2015 shots!

The ORIGINAL @TeslaRoadTrip - Debunking the NY Times Broder Article - February 2013

TeslaRoadTrip_Pano copy.jpg

@TeslaRoadTrip 2014 - "All Superchargers Lead to DC"

CapitolShot1.jpg

@TeslaRoadTrip 2015 - "Reach The Beach"

Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 7.59.50 AM.jpg

Good times! Great people! I don't own a Model S yet, but I'm renting one to bring down this year. It will give me a full 3 day test drive experience, including AutoPilot.

Prior to the boardwalk display, I recorded this video in 2015. I was a guest of Jeffrey Cadman, one of the organizers this year and I rode with him in his Model S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting Mark! Seems to be an issue with the video is you can fix it....

Here's some other videos from last years event :) Stay tuned for 2016 Registration opening this weekend!

Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
All -

Although its not officially part of the event, I plan on staying overnight in Norfolk on Sunday and on Monday will be driving down to Kill Devil Hills, NC on the outer banks to visit the Wright Brothers National Memorial. I've wanted to visit the site ever since I was a boy and now is the perfect time! Plan to spend part/all of the day down there enjoying the sites and exploring (maybe a hang gliding lesson on the sand dunes!) then head back to Norfolk in the afternoon/evening.

It's 80 miles one way, so easily doable round trip from the Norfolk Supercharger. If you're interested, let me know via PM and we'll "officially" put something together!

Aaron

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_Brothers_National_Memorial

http://www.outerbanks.com/hang-gliding.html

Arron, Just to give you a heads up their is a 40 amp charger at 8863 Caratoke Hwy about a mile or so after you come off the Wright Memorial bridge ( Main Land Side ).
I used it last September on the way back home. Should you decide to take a run down to the Cape HATTEARS LIGHT HOUSE the Inn on Pamlico Sound has a Tesla destination charger.
If you go down say hello to Steve Nelson the owner of the Inn. The Inn is one of the better places to stop for dinner, just make sure you make reservations.