Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No issues here. Sleeping like a baby.
View attachment 892465
Yep. Thanks. Confirmed it’s the Steam app on the new S/X and this update that is preventing the car from sleeping. You have to reboot the car after exiting Steam for the time being, or the car won’t sleep. 🤦🏻‍♂️

At least I know what the issue is, and hopefully Tesla addresses this because it’s a real waste of electricity.

Attachments

• 710911B1-F575-41A6-90EC-FC6CCCB53744.jpeg
    710911B1-F575-41A6-90EC-FC6CCCB53744.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 69
My Tesla:
- IS NOT VISIBLE when logging into tesla.com (because the car is technically owned by a leasing company)
- IS ViSIBLE in my Tesla app

Is that the reason why Teslamate connects successfully but doesn't show a car?
My assumption - yes. The likely added you as a "driver", but not actually "owner" of the car. And the API is against the "owners" API (OEM URL name, but doing some more assumption) and likely requires authenticating against the owners account. Not a drivers.

You could try and do some calls against the owners API to see if the car is listed, but if TeslaMate is not showing it - my 99.9% assumption is your efforts will not render a different result.

Reactions: DJF3
My assumption - yes. The likely added you as a "driver", but not actually "owner" of the car. And the API is against the "owners" API (OEM URL name, but doing some more assumption) and likely requires authenticating against the owners account. Not a drivers.

You could try and do some calls against the owners API to see if the car is listed, but if TeslaMate is not showing it - my 99.9% assumption is your efforts will not render a different result.
Unfortunately that does seem to make sense. Thank you cwanja!

Reactions: cwanja
Unfortunately that does seem to make sense. Thank you cwanja!
It might not necessarily be the case. My UK Model 3 is also owned by a leasing company, I have never been able to see it in my Tesla account on web either but the car appears in the app OK just like your scenario. Teslamate has been working fine for me for 2.5 years. Perhaps there is something new with the authentication process or API key has gone wrong? What model is it and how old is it?

I like to use Teslamate to compare & gain knowledge of a drive during summer conditions and winter conditions but it was more difficult to filter these drives in an easy view.

With that i modified the 'drives' view and added two search boxes at the top to filter out Start address and destination address.

I find this super helpful and want to share it with everyone else. I hope this is useful to someone else.

Now i can see stats driving from work to my house easily:
Winter vs Summer:

EDIT: Oops frogot to attach the .json file to import lol

1675105180143.png

1675105208337.png

Attachments

• Drives with Searching-1675104836003.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: init6 and Medved_77
Mine is on GC and I don't see any lag using it on mobile. Always worth a reboot of your server if you haven't done it in a while.
What period are you running the reports for? If you're reporting on the whole 3 years then it will be slow, but I'd expect you to see that on a desktop too.

Reactions: cwanja
Hi,
I have noticed that my drives dashboard is blank (even though I have default 6 months selected).
My trips dashboard shows the map for the last trip but below in the drives table, there is only a date for the last trip (default last 3 trips selected)
My charges dashboard is all properly populated, and the overview dashboard also looks ok.

I wonder if anyone has any ideas on how to fix?
Thanks