Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it hard to distinguish my route on the map. Both the track and the motorway are red. Perhaps make the route blue, like the Tesla navigation?

upload_2016-3-15_10-15-22.png

It doesn't seem to be possible to see all the charging that I have done at SuperChargers for the last month (different SuperChargers), because if i name is the same (SuperCharger) there will be one "SuperCharger" for each location. But Mochouinard knows when we have charged at a SuperCharger, so it should be possible to show it in the Charge report, or let us use the same name for multiple locations.

Great work Marc!
Any chance that you could add a scheduler so that we could tell the car to be ready by X time?
I could add it... But the scheduler is still too complex in my mind. I haven't got to simplified to a point that is functional, useful and easy to use.

Lot of people want different things in a scheduler... Making a simple scheduler is easy, but then I'll get 30 different type of request that won't fit in that basic scheduler design, so I'll have to redo it over and over again...

I've started a small web template about different feature to implement here : TeslaLog - Demo View

Bunch of other feature like sending warning when sunroof is open, or even maybe check the % chance of rain from the weather data I get before sending a notification...

A part from that, I've been looking at lot of Canbus data so I can replicate the site without Tesla API in case Tesla decide to block it... Though, if I were Tesla, I would keep the API service running and even support improvement on it rather having lot of people connecting to the car canbus.

But the CAN Bus data is MUCH more details... For example, the Power usage for acceleration have 25 time more data (100 per second versus 4 MAX for the API). Also the CAN Bus work even with no wireless service. I'm logging locally on the device and when home, it upload the data over wifi. And the amount of data from all over the car is great as well...

So I got a lot on my plate.

A part from that, Google Cloud stating to be pretty expensive costing me about 300$/month!!!!! So going to move to a local servers soon (Had a local guy with used server hardware I can buy from but he on vacation for the next 2 week !!!).

I'll probably prepare a survey in the coming month to know who will want to pay for the service. I sure hope enough people say yes so that the recurring fees can be paid ! Even with no new user and keeping only this userbase, were talking about 80gig of pure database space. Probably close to 1TB at the end of the year. That 200millions records per month.

But all that was only from 3 month of new user and it increasing steadily now. So might be 3 time those value before the end of the year alone.

And I actually work for a living ! I wish I could just work on these hubby project full time...

Just wanted to say thanks for providing this tool! I would be willing to pay for it as long as the fee is reasonable ($20/yr?) - Although I'd be willing to donate for your work at the moment.

Either way, thanks for providing it and making it available to all of us!

I'm playing with Canbus data and trying to figure out how to display that much data... Decided for 1 part to replicate Tesla Pre-Autopilot UI. So in the live tracking, you can see it, but for people who want to play with it, you can change value on it here :

https://teslalog.com/dash/

I think it better than the 2 gauge I had on the live tracking before !

Wow! What beautiful work! Fun!

Now here's the "you're going to hate me" part. ;)

On the real instrument cluster, the "inside" of the orange, blue and green arcs have a slight bright-to-dim gradient inside from the top down to zero. This just happens to be my favorite part of the original dash display which makes the bars look like neon lights as the neon gets further away from the electrodes. Almost a "steampunk" look to them.

I'm playing with Canbus data and trying to figure out how to display that much data... Decided for 1 part to replicate Tesla Pre-Autopilot UI. So in the live tracking, you can see it, but for people who want to play with it, you can change value on it here :

https://teslalog.com/dash/

I think it better than the 2 gauge I had on the live tracking before !

Wow! What beautiful work! Fun!

So...I read these posts, and think to myself, "My wife is on the way home from work, driving the Tesla. Let's see what this looks like." The problem is a large portion of her trip is on the highway, and then on open roads, where I really wouldn't get to see the regen, or the dial moving much at all really.

I wind up connecting to EVMote about ten seconds before she's going to start slowing down to get off the highway! What timing! (Screenshot attached for the "photo or it didn't happen" folks.)

The new power meter looks great, Marc! Thanks!

Getting off highway.jpg

Hi @mochouinard,
I noticed today that one of my trips is missing. I swear I've seen this before then the next day or two later they showed up, so I'm wondering if this will be the case here. Can you advise how a trip could be missing?
The only missing trip issue I had was on the time zone change where I had an issue with it on my end but that was fixed.

Very short trip will not displayed... so maybe that what you are looking for.

Is there a way to export the log? It would be nice to export the raw data by month quarter, or any other time period.

BTW I would be happy to pay a monthly fee for this service. I use the export for my taxes, energy billing etc.
No way to export as a global raw data... Probably will be coming later on. Something that you can request and be notified when the export file is ready.

• Informative
Reactions: Gwgan and redevries