Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaCam recording press did not record in an accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see no error notifications in car. Was in an accident yesterday and I pressed the recording right when it happened (light bumper tap). When I parked and went to dashcam view in car the recording I just saved was NOT there. I had to watch and record the 1 hour view that the car has.

Today when pulling the USB and connecting to computer I notice that the ONLY thing it saved is a simple JSON and PNG of when I pressed. Any ideas why it doesn't record the actual footage?

They seemed to have F'd up the dashcam system in the last 12-18 months. It was wonky when they first released it a few years ago but slowly got better. Then they changed how it worked and now it's wonky again. And with Tesla cutting jobs, I'm not expecting it to be fixed anytime soon.

They seemed to have F'd up the dashcam system in the last 12-18 months. It was wonky when they first released it a few years ago but slowly got better. Then they changed how it worked and now it's wonky again. And with Tesla cutting jobs, I'm not expecting it to be fixed anytime soon.
It's extra sad cuz my Viofo dashcam I have as a backup ALSO glitched and didn't save ANYTHING... LOL