Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y on Motorweek Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I just watched their review and I have to say I am disappointed, makes me wonder just how much out of sync these guys are when it comes to anything without a gas or diesel engine. Almost seems like they did the review because they had to do it, and not with any completeness. It appears like it was some guy's car they borrowed for the review, nothing from Tesla. Other reviews would have people sitting in the rear seats to see how much room, checking out the features it has to offer, see how far they could drive on a single charge compared to the advertised range, etc.

Range is quoted at 291 miles for the tested PuP. Starting prices were quoted at $51,190 LR AWD and $61,190 for the P, so these numbers help date the review.

They claim that both the LR AWD and the P have 384 HP and 376 lb-ft and a 80.5 KWhr battery, which does not match any numbers I have seen, and since Tesla no longer publishes these HP/torque numbers, where are they coming from? They mention there is additional storage room up front (frunk) but there is no mention of the additional storage under the rear deck lids?

How did they take a MY PuP and only get a 0-60 of 4.2 seconds? Was the battery level that low or were they in chill mode? Was it that cold out and first time using the car that day? You'd think anybody doing a review would have compared the published times to what they were getting and asked a few questions to understand if something was wrong before just publishing their results.

I think it is time to remove that subscription from my DVR, knowing how well they did this review makes me wonder how accurate are all the other reviews. Tainted well water for me.

Reactions: SeattleSteve
Saw the episode. For those that don't know this show is 40 years old and it shows. They borrowed a wrapped Model Y and didn't review it like other cars (sitting in the back seats, showing headroom).

They do have long term reviews for certain car that staffers drive for months and give updates. I don't think they have any Teslas in their long term fleet. Would be interesting to see their impressions there too.

Maybe I am a bit of an old fart but l have been watching Motor Week off and on for probably 20 years. It is never aired ata consistent time on the broadcast channels. Nowadays, I usually pick it up occasionally via YouTube.

I appreciate the show for what it is. Brief reviews of vehicles. Some would call the format 'proven'....others 'dated'. I like that they keep the focus on the vehicles and not the personality of the presenters or goofy antics and subplots.

I thought the Model Y review was fair and actually relatively positive. Like all their reviews, relatively high level.