Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Weaponizes Children

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lowtek

Jan 2, 2020
Alabama, USA
If you're a Tesla owner, you already know that kids absolutely frakin' love Teslas. Mosty couldn't tell you the make or model of any other vehicle on the road but they go absolutely nuts when they see a Tesla.

Recently, we had a request from one of my wife's friends kids. His mom asked him what he wanted for his birthday ... he said he wanted to take his girlfriend on a date in a Tesla. He's 11 years old.

She called us and we happily obliged. I polished up the Ultra Red Model S Plaid, we dressed appropriately, and picked up the gentlemen caller and his lovely date.

We then departed to the "Play Station" (a local place where kids go to skate and play games). With much fanfare from friends (he must have told everybody) we pulled up like royalty to the crowd. We held them back just long enough to get the red carpet from the frunk and roll it out and watched them exit into the crowd like movies stars. The kid looked back with steady confidence and unbelievable cool, a girl in his arm, and gave us the thumbs up ... priceless!

Tesla has a secret weapon ... when all these kids get old enough to drive, which is just a few years away, they'll all be buying used Teslas. It won't matter if the battery has degraded, they aren't traveling. They don't want sports cars, they want safe, easy to drive, fun to own Teslas.

Merry Christmas! 🎅🎄

Last edited:
Driving my 23 X, I get "nice car" and "I want that" comment after unsolicited comment from kids 5 to 15, boys and girls . . . out here in Small-Town-Fracking-Pumping-Coal-Rolling-Take-the-3500-Dually-half-a-mile-to-the-market-for-a-quart-of-milk-and-a-can-of-tobacco Western Colorado.

I imagine perhaps it could have been something like this 110 years ago when the transition from horses was afoot. (Yes my grandmother really rode a horse to school!)

Kids know what's what, and the smart ones know they'll be around (hopefully) to reap the full benefit of driving electric.

Small-Town-Fracking-Pumping-Coal-Rolling-Take-the-3500-Dually-half-a-mile-to-the-market-for-a-quart-of-milk-and-a-can-of-tobacco
I was visiting friends in Montrose recently and they commented that there are bunch of chargers in town that no one uses anymore. I knew I didn't need to charge there because there are now so many other superchargers elsewhere.

I chose not to discuss further. We don't talk politics in Boebert country.

Reactions: MitchMitch