Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s happening

Attachments

• IMG_2390.png
    IMG_2390.png
    379 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: ShareLofty
Wasn’t this always the case? I have been long intending to sell my M3P to my friend for $24k so she can get the tax credit. What’s breaking here other than my patience on Tesla releasing a worth successor to my M3P? 😂
Sale must be done through a dealer, not party to party.
Q9. Can I buy a previously owned clean vehicle from a person who isn’t a dealer and still qualify for the Previously Owned Clean Vehicle Credit? (updated Oct. 6, 2023)
A9. No. To qualify for the credit, the previously owned clean vehicle must be purchased from a dealer. A dealer is a person licensed by a state, the District of Columbia, an Indian tribal government, or any Alaska Native Corporation to engage in the sale of vehicles. A dealer may make sales at sites outside of the jurisdiction in which its licensed.
https://www.irs.gov/pub/taxpros/fs-2023-29.pdf

OT, but some might find this interesting. On February 10th I was assigned VIN…1611 Cybertruck for delivery in Fort Myers. Unfortunately, I couldn’t take delivery in FL and register the truck in IN, so I passed on it and changed my delivery address to IN. This morning (~5 weeks later) I was assigned VIN…38xx for an Indy delivery. So five weeks and over 2200 more Cybertrucks. Not bad.

Wasn’t this always the case? I have been long intending to sell my M3P to my friend for $24k so she can get the tax credit. What’s breaking here other than my patience on Tesla releasing a worth successor to my M3P? 😂
FYI. The sale needs to be through a dealer to get the credit. I am sure you could find one to help for a small commission on the sale.

From the IRS website.

The sale qualifies only if:

there are some companies that facilitate the transaction (for a fee) to make sure it qualifies.

keysavvy.com, for example, charges $160, but unlocks the $4k tax credit by being the dealer between the two of you.

I always found this to be a major flaw to the used EV sale credit. I’ve always sold my used cars privately. For potential buyers of my used car to be unable to claim the $4,000 credit essentially devalues my car by $4,000 or at least the difference between what I could get selling myself vs a dealer offer, which is typically in the thousands.

Reactions: SO16
The last time TSLA started a big breakout was at beginning of 2022 when its PE Ratio dropped to 34. It is getting back in that range (37 today). Simply one datapoint to consider.

View attachment 1028478

37 today is an inaccurate number due to the massive one-time tax credit Tesla took in Q4-- back that out for the real (much higher) PE.

OT, but some might find this interesting. On February 10th I was assigned VIN…1611 Cybertruck for delivery in Fort Myers. Unfortunately, I couldn’t take delivery in FL and register the truck in IN, so I passed on it and changed my delivery address to IN. This morning (~5 weeks later) I was assigned VIN…38xx for an Indy delivery. So five weeks and over 2200 more Cybertrucks. Not bad.

I dunno- some folks here were insisting, last month, they were already over 100 a day... 2200 over 5 weeks is only 63 a day.

No. Their purpose is making money by manipulating the market. Not legal.

Nope.

Even Papafox realized nothing illegal was happening here once he got more info on the transactions- he posted correcting himself a couple pages ago in this thread.

I always found this to be a major flaw to the used EV sale credit. I’ve always sold my used cars privately. For potential buyers of my used car to be unable to claim the $4,000 credit essentially devalues my car by $4,000 or at least the difference between what I could get selling myself vs a dealer offer, which is typically in the thousands.

It would be far too easy to defraud the system if it allowed private sellers to use the credit (and far too expensive to try and track down/prosecute such fraud)

It’s happening
Drove for around 18m, and am impressed
Had around 3 tricky points in the drive which previously all failed and I kept sending disengagement videos- they all passed this time without intervention

On turns it felt even more cautious then previous versions- maybe it’s tuned that way for now since it’s single stack

V- turn, u - turn, around stationary construction all handled properly

I think FSD is ready for coast to coast cannon ball run ;)

I think it's a necessary restriction to make fraud mitigation via the IRS portal logistically feasible.