Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He should just sell it and move on. I don't think he can win this war by going on the attack publicly like that and so far he is not winning. I feel bad for him; he should be enjoying all his accomplishment and designing new things.
He straight up said, let the chips fall where they may. You’re the one viewing it as winning or losing, and determining he needs to win and not lose. He does not care. There’s no reason to feel bad for him. He’s living his life to the fullest; win, lose or draw.

He should just sell it and move on. I don't think he can win this war by going on the attack publicly like that and so far he is not winning. I feel bad for him; he should be enjoying all his accomplishment and designing new things.
That's a stupid move and out of character. Remember he rescued SolarCity even though SC is not even his company, no way he's letting twitter go, that'll be just showing weakness to the sharks. He should just setup the expectation that he'll sell $1B TSLA per year indefinitely to support twitter and blow up this overhang completely. I think $1B/year is still small comparing to the shares he needs to sell to cover his taxes for the 2018 CEO performance awards.

He straight up said, let the chips fall where they may. You’re the one viewing it as winning or losing, and determining he needs to win and not lose. He does not care. There’s no reason to feel bad for him. He’s living his life to the fullest; win, lose or draw.

True, but as TSLA investors here we have a vested interest in TSLA doing as good as it can. If Elon chases away advertising revenue on X then he will need to sell some of his TSLA shares annually to prop it up, and that does effect everyone here who owns TSLA themselves.

So, if Elon living his best life impacts many of us negatively, well then it's understandable how some posters here could be upset by that. 😞

Twas the night before CT reveal, when all through the Gigafactory
Not a creature was stirring, not even the Optimus

The banners were hung by the entrance with care,
In hopes that Elon soon would be there;

The Hodlers were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of stock mooning danced in their heads;

When out on the Dealbook summit there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the TMC I flew like a flash,
Tore open the sore and threw up the sash.

There a little old driver, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be Elon
More rapid than eagles his cusses they came,
And he cussed and shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, BOB! now, TIM!now, SATYA and SUNDAR
On, JEFF! on JOE! on, DONIE and ZUCK!
To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
Now Go away! Go away! Go away all!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,
So up to the house-top the cusses they flew.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the MSM
The prancing and pawing of each little analcyst
As I drew in my head, and was turn
And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;
A CT he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath;
He had a broad face and a little round belly,
That shook, when he laughed like a bowlful of jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old Elon
And I cringed when I saw him, in spite of myself;
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled all the CT orders then turned with a jerk,
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

He sprang to his S to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,
HAPPY CT reveal TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD-NIGHT!

True but if you go back to all Tesla unveiling's the stock has generally not done well. Hopefully tomorrow will be the exception.
The 3 was a roller coaster. From standing in line to place a $1k deposit to picking up my M3 without ever having seen one in person. My first drive was out of the delivery center in the snow. Rear wheel drive on regular tires. Pure faith baby!
I remember that rollercoaster - seven rings of production hell, buying on the way down not knowing about how close supposedly bankruptcy was. Also convinced that somebody would pick them up if it got to that, knowing how breakthrough model S and X were.

First drive mid 2017 in an employees model 3 they were picking up from fremont and me offering a ride to the factory, he was generous enough to let me be the first to be driving it - and realizing tesla really did it, as amazing an EV as the model S at half the cost - nothing as crappy as my 2015 with 70 mile range VW eGolf, and then the model 3 broke down before the actual new owner got to drive it. So conflicted about the experience and super apologetic to the new owner having to wait for tow truck with us, but so happy 2018 when taking delivery of model 3 RWD. I'll keep the FSD rollercoaster story for another time :)

I think CT is going to be another mind blowing iconic event in teslas history

20231129_215545.jpg

I'm inspired to open my own frozen yogurt shop. I even have a great name for it. Thanks, Elon!

Always the ray of sunshine, eh?

Surely, you noticed at the CT reveal how only one of three versions of the CT offered a 500 mile range. The other two versions never had any aspirations in that regard. Those versions have likely changed by now, but there will still be more than one version of the CT.

It seems likely that the most battery dense, motor dense, bad to the bone model may not be the one being released first. Much like the Model S Plaid wasn't the introductory version.

Good luck with that bitterness you seem to feel motivated to share with the forum. I'm sure it isn't easy to bear.
I made sure it was NOT bitterness that causes me to post. Well that last post about the 500 mile battery miss might be. But that bitterness was from when I tried to make those I respect and some that I like here recognize that what Elon saids is NOT what often is done.
yes he's got Tesla in a good place. And when I look at his accomplishments they are impressive as all hell. But he also swings and misses on an extremely high level. Boring company? Solar roofing? X? Cyber NOTA truck? Anyone gotten a letter concerning their roadster deposit from how many years ago?
It is best to focus on NOTA Elon. And focus on the real company and what it is doing. Not what isn't. whether Elon is saying anything about it or not.
The guy's a genius... with asperger's. (yes yes I know, Asperger's is not supposed to be what we have to call it now.) But no one should be doing anything with their money based on what a genius with asperger's saids.

Whoa. I’ve always said that Twitter Elon and interview Elon are two different people. Not with this one. Andrew was super impressive and Elon was acting like a child. When he was in a hole he tried to drum up audience support in what was clearly a huge auditorium and got maybe four people clapping. One was Linda no doubt. Elon physically doesn’t look well either. With Elon I’ve had to separate the baby from the bathwater but this is the first time I’ve seen him looking kinda nutty and sad. For years he’s said people wouldn’t want his life. Looks like things are finally taking a toll. 😔
And I thought the exact opposite. Andrew wasn’t super impressive, annoying actually, and Elon was crushing it. That **** you moment will go viral and win him more converts than detractors. It might not do X any good, but I’m not an X shareholder, so I don’t care.

True, but as TSLA investors here we have a vested interest in TSLA doing as good as it can. If Elon chases away advertising revenue on X then he will need to sell some of his TSLA shares annually to prop it up, and that does effect everyone here who owns TSLA themselves.

So, if Elon living his best life impacts many of us negatively, well then it's understandable how some posters here could be upset by that. 😞
He implicitly stated that he wouldn’t prop up X. At any rate, there are bigger worries out there. Myself, I‘m looking forward to tomorrow!

I have more than one CT reservation for a reason. Get what ever they offer now with the first one. Hopefully get 500 mile truck in the next couple years with the other reservation. Third reservation so I don't wait years for a replacement if someone damages the current CT.
I sort of did a similar thing for different reasons. I waited a month to reserve one so the bugs would be worked out. And I put an order in for all three configurations. I had two reasons. The first was that I probably could only ever afford the cheapest model Since I got TSLA back then that is not a reason any more. But if I did have more money then I wanted to be able to Upgrade without being penalized for changing the configuration. And I did not know if that would negatively impact my place in line. And the second reason was that I wanted to have all my options open so if one configuration was a better value than another I could buy that one without having to wait.
Unfortunately I thought by waiting a month I'd be about 250,000th in line. I am at the 500,000 place using the accepted formula. So there is a good chance the dense batteries will be in the cyber by then, and improvements will have been made to other parts.

What if the mileage in the photo was "Towing Estimated Miles"? Tesla vehicles already know if you hook up any lights for towing (to disengage FSD, bummer...). So then a realistic range gauge would be preferred, with possibly an automatic mode. This is perhaps why we could not see anything to the right of the displayed miles.

What would anyone towing want to actually know? Non-towing range that is way off calibration and make you do math in your head every time? % range doesn't tell me what I need to know either. Of course it would need to calibrate the rig, but that could take a whole mile is all. Now consider this is Tesla and everything about this truck is different. It would be a master blow to rumors and shortz! (Oh how I wish for the rabbit this time.) Realistically, I'm<50% confident they do this, OK <25%. How about 1:10 side bets, well... OK CyberTruck Bingo then at least.

And if not tomorrow, then I will request this feature myself.
I like how yer thinking but my 2008 Dodge Pick-up has a reset button for "Miles left till empty". So anyone towing just needs to hit the reset button. Even after 1 mile it will give you an estimate based on that single mile. Also the variation in the various things/weights of the thing being towed varies so much the "estimated" towing range would be farcical.
But if they did start towing soon after charging your idea could be right.

Reactions: SOULPEDL
He implicitly stated that he wouldn’t prop up X

<citation required>

AFAIK the only promise he made regarding selling stock to fund X (or anything else) was December of 2022 when he said

Elon Musk said:
You have my commitment that I won’t sell stock until probably two years from now. Definitely not next year under any circumstances and you know, probably not the year thereafter

Which the "definite" part is fulfilled in about another 4.5 weeks, the probably part another 52 weeks after that-- but nothing bout never propping it up in the future. If he made such comments though I'd love a reference.

(and just because someone will bring it up- he he also said he had no further planned sales in April '22 after his previous selling- but still later made some- so clearly unplanned sales are a thing that happen as circumstances change as well)

To be clear- it's his money, he can do whatever he wishes with it--and whenever he wishes- but it does have impact on investors in Tesla.

Did you not listen to what he said or did you not hear? “Let the chips fall where they may.” That’s a direct quote. It means, companies will advertise and X lives on or companies won’t and X will die. He has no intention of propping it up.

Yes, I’ve heard this complaint from people before; how Elon is responsible for their happiness and wealth. I continue to say, if a person finds themself upset by his actions, it’s perfectly logical to sell their TSLA stock and choose another company to invest in that will satisfy their needs and then they can be happy. I hear GM just did a stock buyback that some have been wishing Tesla would do AND increased their dividends.

Did you not listen to what he said or did you not hear? “Let the chips fall where they may.” That’s a direct quote. It means, companies will advertise and X lives on or companies won’t and X will die. He has no intention of propping it up.
I heard what he said. I don't believe it. Sadly, most of what Elon says regarding X has been lies. Unlike Tesla and SpaceX, where we see many overoptimistic predictions but no lies.

I mean...
I hate to write posts on this topic because my long and witty posts all get deleted but here goes.

If you listened to the media and people complain, you would think that his feed was just a reskinned Alex Jones blog. I go on there occasionally and all I find is pretty normal stuff. He said some Jewish people want to undermine Western society. Ok. Agree with him or not, he didnt say all Jewish people are bad. And they called him anti Semitic? Come on. I say the good time we have has produced too many thin skinned people whos got nothing better to do than to demonize a guy who may say questionable stuff occasionally.

Its easy to say Elon dont do that, that, or that when none of what we do or say is under constant attacks like he is. Its literally impossible for him to keep his mouth shut on things he strongly believes in, right or wrong. Please dont tell me you or any of us are any different. So thats the situation. Deal with it. You are given a lemon, as does he. He deals with it his way. You deal with it your way. Everybody lives their best life.

Last edited: