Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a few threads set aside for X/Elon stuff, back to the stock discussion, please.
Seems to me that SEC vs Elon will likely have a direct impact on the stock price, either way. Elon successfully bringing light to the corruption and achieving an overhaul would be a boon to retail investors everywhere

Model 3 in the US has had it's price cut $1,250 for RWD and LR, and $2,250 for Performance:

1696559639310.png

Apparently price cuts aren't only for Model 3. Model Y price cuts as well ($2000 for both LR and Performance trims):

View attachment 980005

Wallstreet will say that they were right, margins are heading down, Tesla so stupid not pressing the make easy money by using ads button. If only Tesla were not so stupid they would be worth trillions. Meanwhile competition must be sweating.

Imo the market is not stupid, just a little bit dense and slow. More and more customers will do the math and realize how much better the option is. Taxi companies, rentals and other high milage customers will do the math. Yeah it will be a bit chaotic and lumpy, but soon those larger order will come in, waiting times will go up and prices will stabilize. Something has to give eventually.

Wallstreet will say that they were right, margins are heading down, Tesla so stupid not pressing the make easy money by using ads button. If only Tesla were not so stupid they would be worth trillions. Meanwhile competition must be sweating.

Imo the market is not stupid, just a little bit dense and slow. More and more customers will do the math and realize how much better the option is. Taxi companies, rentals and other high milage customers will do the math. Yeah it will be a bit chaotic and lumpy, but soon those larger order will come in, waiting times will go up and prices will stabilize. Something has to give eventually.
Most ‘Muricans aren’t great at math.

More price cuts. Tomorrow, I anticipate TSLA will close wherever the options market dictates. Monday, the stock price will drop and the excuse will be the price cuts.

Unless there is some other catalyst over the weekend. Maybe some communication, some detail...anything... regarding a product that was going to have first deliveries in Q3.

Well, there is the auction on Saturday. Anyone going?

I'll be shocked if the stock is not down significantly tomorrow. If people weren't buying Teslas after the first few price cuts, I just don't see why this will move the needle now. For the most part, no one even knows these price cuts are even happening outside of the Tesla/X bubble.

The stock is priced for significant earnings growth. It's hard to see how that's going to happen if they have to keep cutting prices just to try to meet their volume targets. I know people will have plenty of arguments as to why this is a good thing, or they'll talk about "the mission", but from the standpoint of the valuation of this company, another price cut, IMO, has to be considered a pretty big blow at this point. They have a ton of work to do to earn the current stock price, and right now it seems like getting there will require not just the Cybertruck being a big hit (which I think it will be) but some other significant victory, whether in FSD, AI, or Energy. A PE of 60-70 is not going to hold with earnings staying flat for an extended period. It's against my nature to sell, and so I probably won't, but I've never been more tempted to do so.

What reason is there to believe prices are done coming down? The reality is that rates don’t appear to be coming down any time soon, and real rates are at risk of moving up at the long end.

Whats unrealistic IMO is this idea, pushed by people like Gary Black to name one proponent, that 2.3-2.4m vehicles will be moved next year with no meaningful reduction in ASP. For that matter, moving 10m vehicles in the future with no reduction in ASP. Elon doesn’t believe that, I’m quite sure.

Such displays of ignorance and arrogance from the cheap seats. Unless you’re in the room, you have no clue and even then I’m not sure the truth wouldn’t get distorted.
You, of course, are also not "in the room", so you are saying you have no clue either. So why such arrogance on your part? Seems humility would be a more consistent choice.