Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
these were seen today in Goldthwaite, Texas, doesn't seem like it's on the way to anywhere. Anyone with knowledge of Texas enough to guess why this was no where near I-10 or I-20?

Surely this isn't a one truck delivery in the middle of rural Texas?

r0vuhe3dhjkb1.jpg

fhxsqn3dhjkb1.jpg

From Austin, that is a popular route to New Mexico and Colorado and other points Northwest.

It certainly appears Elon's V12 FSD drive was very well received by this community. Will be interesting to see how wall street and the "so called" analysts react and what happens to the stock next week. My guess is many will have no clue what V12 means.
So essentially what you are saying is that $TSLA opens RED on Monday...got it!

• Funny
Reactions: Electroman
Eventually how many neural nets will they end up training if they have one neural net for each specific set of rules?

Yeah, only need to develop one NN: it's the weights that change, not the NN. That's what Elon meant when he said they were doing it the hard way with V11.x (bulging handfuls of special-purpose NNs).

Now one v12 NN does it all, end-to-end AI, photons-in / controls-out, and its running at 50 fps to boot. That's faster than the cameras (which are 36 fsp), so HDW3's got spare clock cycles to use for other purposes, ie: fleet data sampling and edge-case queries)

TL;dr RIP HDW4+ requirements for FSD.

Cheers!

DM then put Zero to go up against GO for 100 games. The result was 100-0 with Zero beating GO every single game.

Ke Jie then famously expressed his opinion after hearing about that result and having previously played with AlphaGO before: "In the game of GO, human's knowledge was a burden and not an asset."

Tesla basically went from teaching FSD how to do things to just let FSD work its own way out based on data input. This is truly something else. The fact that the car or Robot one day would roam the world without any previous knowledge... not even maps is next level.

How about the results of using all this new AI-technology in investing....
I know that a lot of buying/selling in the stock market is already driven by computers, but a lot of that is just timing and not AI in my textbook.
More than likely there are quite a few companies looking into this use of the recent AI-developments.

Analogy with FSD: input for learning is a lot of data about the past financial markets vs. what has been happening in the world, including the exact timing of all that news.
And using that info to find the optimal strategy of holding/buying/selling within a defined timeframe.
It will likely develop into something that we will never be able to beat.
Thinking about this: I am very happy (and let's remain humble: also lucky) to have been able to pour a lot of money into TSLA some 10 years ago.

these were seen today in Goldthwaite, Texas, doesn't seem like it's on the way to anywhere. Anyone with knowledge of Texas enough to guess why this was no where near I-10 or I-20?

r0vuhe3dhjkb1.jpg

fhxsqn3dhjkb1.jpg

Were those car carriers headed East on US Route 84? SpaceX in McGregor, TX is just 71 miles East of Goldthwaite... Maybe Employee 1st-deliveries? SpaceX-edition Cybertrucks? Pigs in Space? ;)

Cheers!

V11 and V12 need to be compared in all environments before conclusions are drawn. V12 could be something or it could just be todays “fluffer bot”. Just an opinion YMMV.

Here's an alternate opinion, from long-time TSLA investor Larry Goldberg:

"I've already made a decison that over the next couple of weeks I'm going to be committing a further 2 million dollars into Tesla stock."​

Larry goes on to explain that this committment is based on a change in his previous preception that FSD would be coming along in 1 to 3 years, but now based on what he saw in the v12 livestream video, and what Asock has said about Foundation Models, Larry is compressing his expected time-frame for FSD down to 1 year.

Cheers!

Last edited:
With V12 being "complete rewrite" and "paradigm shift" in how FSD works e.g. "just from feeding videos to NN" does it mean that:

a). any competitor can build same NN and "feed" it with all possible cgi generated scenarios?
b). all versions prior to V12 become obsolete in terms of gained knowledge since the code is complete rewrite?
Rewrite in terms of how everything interacts and need for retraining, not rewrite as in starting from blank sheet.

a) No, real world is weirder than simulation. Final validation step is not optional.
b) No, there were steps along the development path. Training infrastructure (SW and HW) is critical. See Karphy posts and

r0vuhe3dhjkb1.jpg

fhxsqn3dhjkb1.jpg
Goldthwaite is on Hwy 183, which I have often used to head to Colorado or New Mexico from Austin. If you aren't headed straight west (like to southern Ca), then picking up I10 out of Austin is a good ways out of your way.
Maybe Tesla wants these in Denver showrooms for the Mountain (Wo/)Man types to gawk at?

Reactions: petit_bateau
Looks like Toyota will be green with envy over this new Tundra-styled Cybertruck wrap...

tesla-cybertundra-wrap-1024x768.jpeg

When will the Hummer wrap be revealed?
:D I wonder if the look of another vehicle is violating any trademarks. 🤣
"So it doesn't confuse the consumer when purchasing the product" as they say. And, of course, it doesn't take away from Tundra sales.
Oh-oh, there's a problem! /s

We went to a county fair yesterday where I encountered a sight - a sign - so perplexing that I truly cannot come up with any cogent explanation other than perhaps its creator wanted me with something to put in my quiver for the next time I need to address certain thread….disturbers. As follows, cross-my-heart-&-hope-to-die absolutely unaltered:
View attachment 968431
If anyone figures out how those two go together, then maybe you can help me with this one: 🤨

1693148990959.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: CarlS and SOULPEDL
If anyone figures out how those two go together, then maybe you can help me with this one: 🤨

View attachment 968575
Fun one...
"The cartoon illustrates an interesting phenomenon: the changing food habits of Americans. " (TV + Travel = Croissants in the US.)
As to why Fred and dirt, my take is it's related to Fred Flintstones in the quarry without copying the cartoon, and representing blue collar workers with stark contrast to fancy foods from Austria in this case. May have also been a Farside post, pretty 80's ish.

Reactions: AZRI11
Looks like Toyota will be green with envy over this new Tundra-styled Cybertruck wrap...

tesla-cybertundra-wrap-1024x768.jpeg

When will the Hummer wrap be revealed?
Perhaps.

But won't that crazy roof-mounted nav system on top cut into range and energy efficiency just a bit??

Edit- at least the turn signals are hard to miss.

Last edited: